cozy vs velocity, cost 2 build?

ondix80

I figured that mk4 complete airframe with infinity RG and electric nose lift should run me @ 25k from what i researched. velocity SERG could be @ 42k. please correct my figures if wrong? So the question is whether the extra 17k is worth for more room, gull wing doors and in my opinion nicer airplane?

Are you concerned about the difference in airspeed and fuel economy? Also, I don't think the SERG can carry the same weight load.

So the SERG has some minuses. It may have some pluses too though. There are reasons you may prefer to buy a kit from a company (ie: the support that company gives you. Some perceive it to be a shorter build too).

But its all fairly debateable. I don't think the available data tends to back the idea that the kit plane is faster to build, and the support you can get from mailing lists and forums like this one may, to you be worth more than the factory's support.

Which means it mostly boils down to what you value most, and can you afford the price difference. Opinions of people like a spouse or family might be important too. You may not be able to get your would-be passengers into one or the other plane.

I am not sure but I would guess that the Cozy IV without the electric nosegear, would be about 20K.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

I am not sure but I would guess that the Cozy IV without the electric nosegear, would be about 20K.

Wow! I'm not saying a cozy can't be build for $20K but it sure seems like it adds up quick with every order from ACS running at least $500-$1000.

The trick is to not tell the wife how much anything cost. :D