cnc roter and hotwire. Whats with the TE on the templates??

I have a large 12'x 5' cnc router and a foamlinx cnc foam cutter. Just got a hanger after 10 year wait at FFZ Mesa Az. Considering an open Ez. I had a Varieze for a while but I didn't build it. I would love to see someone's project. Mabey even cut some stuff just to see if it's the right project for me or not.

BTW I just have to know why the wing and canard templates have the strange shapes on the trailing edges????

It has to do with how you close out the trailing edge. You glass the smooth side first and then when you flip the wing over to do the other side you cut that part off smooth. It also gives the trailing edgs some extras strenth until you glass it. It works thats all that matters. Build on. STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Save yourself some time and effort.

Steve at Eureka will CNC hotwire you some foam cores for a good price.

I have almost finished up chapter 20 on my left wing.

Those cores were so pretty, I hated to skin them.

Very accurate, clean assembly.

Only thing I regret, is not spending more time on the jigs.

I'd CNC cut those if I could, along with some improvements I discovered along the way.

Save yourself some time and effort.

Steve at Eureka will CNC hotwire you some foam cores for a good price.

I second that. I didn't mention it before because you have a CNC foam-cutting machine. Even so, seriously give www.eurekacnc.com a look.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

I have nothing against buying pre cut foam cores. I do think that builders are shorting themselves of learning a new skill and the opportunity to have the satisfaction of having cut there own wing cores. Cutting the wing cores in my plane were some of the most rewarding things I built on the plane. It gave me an opportunity to enlist family and friends to help me. I had to teach each one of them how to do it and they enjoyed it also. It is not hard and does not take that much time. Sometimes you make mistakes and have to do it over. There is a great deal of self satisfaction in having built the plane yourself. I dont feel that the excuse of building faster holds much water. I have built every part of my plane except the canopy, gear legs and axles and wheels, and brakes. I started after lots of builders that have bought everything and I am farther ahead of them. It boils down to making time to work on the plane. My .02 Build on Steve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

I've tried a quick search but can't find the video. What's the name of the video? Or where can I order it from?

I'm in a learning mode right now but want to start a plans project soon. Recovering my Kitfox will keep me busy for a little while but mabey is not where my passion lies, I didn't build it and I need a little speed..... I'm looking forward to my own build.

I have seen eureka's site. It's great. If I didn't have a cnc foam cutter I would definetely order thiers. But I'm not even sure completly what I'm building yet. Could be Cozy, Openez or other. Cnc is a hobby in it's self that compliments the whole airplane building joy. So I'll most likely want to cut my own stuff. I am very impressed with his cores though, they look perfect. Hopefully I can get it going as well for my own projects.

Cnc is a hobby in it's self that compliments the whole airplane building joy.

If you're into CNC equipment, then your could CNC router your bulkheads to shape.

My bulkheads where CNC router cut and I have the video to prove it.

http://tinyurl.com/2whstp

CNC:

Chaplin

Nincompoop

Controlled

:)

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...

Thanks, I don't know why I didn't check wick's. I guess I just always order from A.S. because they are closer but they sisn't have it.

Thanks.

CNC is a fun hobby. It's overkill if you are just going to build a few airplanes with it and that's all. I do a bunch of other things with it and it's a fun hobby in it's self. Templates are a lot cheaper.... :)

I just recieved the MIke Arnold video "how it's built" I didn't realize the connection with the varieze before so the video was pretty good in explaining some basics. I had a little composites in A&P school but just enough to be dangeous.