Canards in KC

I have had a photo of a Cozy on my bulletin board for about a year now. I have thought and researched and looked and learned, and I think a Cozy sounds like the project for me.

One bit of research I can't do from books or computer is actually fly a canard aircraft. If there are any in the Kansas City area I would be very interested to inspect your aircraft or go for a ride - I'll contribute or pro rata share or cost + instructor fees as appropriate. I am asking to experience and learn basic canard flying.

I plan on Joining the local Olathe EAA chapter at the next meeting, and hope to convince my wife that she should get me a set of Cozy IV plans for my birthday.

I wanna be like the cool guys here who I have read their websites about building and flying cozy's and I better get started before I have kids get old and have adult responsibilities. If any of you celebrity canard flyer's happen to be passing through Northeast Kansas shoot me an email or something - it would be an honor!

Welcome aboard!! I can't help you with a flying canard/Cozy but I happen to have a Cozy IV project in my basement.

EAA 868 is a nice group of active builders, unfortunately it's comprised of ~90% RV builders. I've been a member for some years and have developed an allergy to aluminum. :D

PM me your phone number if you want to hook up for a project visit, or check out my poorly updated construction page at http://www.tinyurl.com/8ox25

Remi Khu

Cozy Mk IV

Plan #1336

Today I did a little X/C in the 172 to Newton City/County KS for a $100 burger. Very nice airport, Mogas is $3.00/gal full service. This is the airport where Jim Bede designed and manufactured his jets in the early 70's. I was driving the courtesy car back to the airport when I saw a long-EZ or something like it taxi out and take off.

Just thought I'd mention it. Had I been a little more nosy around the airport grounds, I could have met a Canardian. Darn.

The cars on I-35 were passing me on the way there - I was as low as 58 kts on the GPS ground speed. Made up for it on the way back, but makes me want to start on my cozy. Man, I'm gonna fly it everywhere, and go fast.

I think I'll plan on Rough River 2008 to immerse myself in canard culture and improve my chances of getting a ride in a cozy.

Bring a snorkel! They walk, talk, sleep, phart canards; total immersion.

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.

Bring a snorkel! They walk, talk, sleep, phart canards; total immersion.

Rick

Well, Rick, that's not quite a true statement. "They" don't all do that... some of "them" do take time off to have cocktails :) Let's not make it sound too serious! :cool2:

I'm looking forward until the landscape below isn't iced or snowed over from above.

See you and the gang at RR '08! :D

Remi Khu

Cozy Mk IV

Plan #1336