Getting started

We(my brother and I) are making preparations to start the build. After clearing out a few current projects we hope to start in early spring. In the last eight months I have read all of the builder's web sites that I can find, went to Rough River, and read through the downloaded plans multiple times. We ordered new Aerocanard plans and DVD's about a week ago and today ordered the Cozy Girrrl tools from Wicks. For some reason we do not have a band saw in the arsenal of power tools that we currently own so that will be the next purchase. We really want to visit the Cozy Girrrls' project. They are less than three hours away so if Chrissi or Randi read this expect a call from me begging for a little bit of your time.:) That's our progress so far. Not yet building but getting closer!!!:rolleyes:

and today ordered the Cozy Girrrl tools from Wicks

What a great way to get started. After looking at the list of tools in that kit, I can say that you'll most likely use every tool in that kit even in the first chapter you build (maybe not smart level at first). I did not buy the kit, but I have the items except the big permagrit block. Anyway, good decision on that purchase! The only HUGE problem I see with you plans.... You and your brother will be arguing over who gets to use the Fein!

Andrew Anunson

I work underground and I play in the sky... no problem

Hello, This is Tree Pig (Dirtdox's brother)

I just started reading these posts and have already learned a great deal. I am impressed with how everyone is willling to help and share their experience.

We have the garage almost cleared out, I am selling off all of my projects so we both will have only one. Dirtdox has a few more that I do so it will take him longer to get rid of his projects.

We are in central Illinois, Chicago isn't too far from us so we will probably give argoldman a call, let us know a good time to contact you and we will make a trip to see you when it is convenient for all of us.:)

The tools came in the other day and we are excited to use them, but we still haven't received the plans and DVD's in the mail.:confused:

Looking forward to future posts

Welcome Bros -- glad to have you. Drop as many and all projects that you can, you'll need lots of time and focus. You can get away without a band saw for quite some time, so don't let much stop you from getting your bulkheads done.

Keep us posted!

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Hello, This is Tree Pig (Dirtdox's brother)

We are in central Illinois, Chicago isn't too far from us so we will probably give argoldman a call, let us know a good time to contact you and we will make a trip to see you when it is convenient for all of us.:)

Looking forward to future posts

Shoot me a PM, I am usually at the hanger Saturday's and some Fridays. Very sporadic times during other times of the week.

Be glad to see you

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D

• 2 weeks later...

Aerocad plans and DVD's arrived on Saturday!!!!!:banana:

They also included the plans for the kit version. There is more difference than I thought between the kit and plans built.

Hope to start building around April. In the mean time more studying, reviewing builder sites and, of course making progress on a car projects to make room in the garage.:)