N200LZ: Chapter 10 - Canard - Hot box?

TMann

I would like to post cure my canard in the jig to insure it stays in the best aligntment possible. I'm figuring I'll need to get it up around 160 degrees.

Has anyone found a way to accomplish this (without moving my entire setup outside.) I'm thinking heat lamps maybe? Too bad I can't tap into the water heater as a heat source ....... :confused: ......... or maybe I could???

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

I'm thinking heat lamps maybe? Too bad I can't tap into the water heater as a heat source ....... :confused: ......... or maybe I could???

Depends...

Add a tee to the drain valve on the heater, add a tee to the hot water outlet side, fill the gap with hose and tubing to [under] your table [top]. Convection rulz, no pump needed. If it's close to your table, you'll get some heat. If it's enough though...

Toss some poly on a frame over the table. Set a small ceramic fan forced heater at one end of the 'tube', let 'er rip. Vary the temp by setting the heater closer/further from the opening. As in don't tape it to the poly tube/frame.

I've seen these heaters advertised as "personal" heaters, like under a desk to warm your tootsies. 500w tops, 250w on low (or thereabouts).

YMMV, don't forget to floss.

Rick

Rick Hall; MK-IV plans #1477; cozy.zggtr.org

Build status: 1-7, bits of 8-9, 10, 14 done! Working on engine/prop/avionics.