Introduction

OK, I've lurked long enough! :D

I've decided to build an open-ez and will stay very close to plans. I've purchased the TURF CDs, downloaded the templates and have started gathering tools. I have access to a wide format printer (construction industry) and will have the templates printed shortly. Also, I'm going to print a 100% scale copy of the TURF CD construction plans (they were scanned at 75% scale).

I'm currently in Hawaii, but will probably be moving to the mainland this summer so I'm waiting until we get moved and settled before building anything substantial. In the meantime, I've purchased the practice kit (been needing some bookends...) and started a 1/10 scale model just so I can say I'm doing *something* airplane related.:bad: My hot-wire saw will be completed this week end so I'm scouring the rubbish for foam to practice cutting. :eek:

Chris

Welcome Chris. Glad to hear you're excited about building, and sounds like you're going about it the right way.

Modeling is cool -- that's how I got started with all this.

Keep us posted!

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

My local home depot sells a foam by dupont that is very similar to the foam that we hot wire for the wings. I think the only difference is the size of the blocks. That should give you something to play with your hot wire saw. I to am probably going to build and open ez someday. STeve

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

Welcome aboard Chris and Aloha cousin... :cool:

As you are rummaging the neighborhood for foam scraps to hotwire, be very careful that they are not urethane based. The burning of urethane will emit a toxic fume... (cyanide??) Look for simple styrofoam to hotwire.

As other builders are well aware of this information, I just thought you might not since you are "new". :)

Remi Khu

Cozy Mk IV

Plan #1336