anger release section

dust

OK children

Some of the 10 of us are having a bad day hitting keys that don't tell someone off so why not put it here, in the coffee house, under a BS section, so I and our "guests" don't have to read it unless they want to. We really should show our guests and younguns some respect.

I like the forum, i like the forum ha ha ha, i don't want email, ha ha ha.

All other formats than this one should die, ha ha ha

death to the others, ha ha ha

we know it all, ha ha ha

We are right, we are right, ha ha ha

i know something you don't know, ha ha ha and i won't tell you ha ha ha

I think your idea is bad ha ha ha

my ideas are always better ha ha ha

my planes heaverier than your plane ha ha ha

my planes lighter than your plane ha ha ha

my plane uses more runway than your plane ha ha ha

I was trying to think of a religious zealot way of saying it, but, alas, i really don't want to offend

Enjoy the build ha ha ha

Mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/

• 3 weeks later...

I am not a member of the list and use to be and just got in the habbit of deleting all if the dribble that constantly was posted, the same stupid questions that came up everytime a new person came around, because there was no EASY way to find good info. The mail comes out of sinc, so you can read the answer before you know the question, etc. etc.

I searched the archives a number of times and never found info of use and wasted allot of time.

The archives are, in my opinion a waste of time.

Marc, I talked to the MANUFACTURERS rep of mgs and they specfically told me NOT to use a kerosene heater, so if you would like to, go ahead, i will stick to the mfg recommendations.

Why don't you take your additude to your workwhop and get something positive out of it, we really don't need it here.

Enjoy the build

Mike

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

Originally posted by dust

Why don't you take your additude to your workwhop and get something positive out of it, we really don't need it here.

I'm not sure which Marc you're referring to, or how he got mixed in here, but I have to disagree [although I am not angry] -- it would be more than a shame to lose the Marc I know from responding here.

If we do want to have this forum work out as the upgrade for all canard-related listserver members to move to, how does throwing stones their way help?

Jon #1185

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

I agree that we don't want to loose Marc. As far as I know, he's the only regular contributor who's actually COMPLETED one of these airplanes.

On the other hand, I agree with Mike that we don't need attitude's and slamming either.

There, see. I agree with everyone.

:D

Now let's get on with worthwhile discussions on meaningful topics.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

Dust,

<The archives are, in my opinion a waste of time.>

IMHO, you're WAY out of line with your comment about the Archives being a waste of time. I personally have gleaned numerous hints and tricks which have saved me time and money.

<Why don't you take your additude to your workwhop and get something positive out of it, we really don't need it here.>

Once again, IMHO, Marc has been one of the most neutral "attitude" types I've seen on this band of the Web.

Instead of slamming other people about their attitude, (which I feel is non-existent in Marc Zeitlin's case), or their opinions, your time would be better spent improving your achive search skills.

<Marc, I talked to the MANUFACTURERS rep of mgs and they specfically told me NOT to use a kerosene heater, so if you would like to, go ahead, i will stick to the mfg recommendations.>

Would you expect a Company Rep to say anything else? (I smell LIABILITY!!!)

Maybe when YOUR plane is in the air you'll understand where Marc is coming from.

Flame Thrower Off.

Asbestos Underwear On.

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

http://home.earthlink.net/~jerskip

I know where marc is coming from, and I know where i am coming from

My shop is open and we have real visitors/slaves in training on a weekly basis

I downloaded ALL of the archives and did my own searches on them and they were PERFECT, I didn't have to rely on a search engine to learn, i used a standard text search and found NOTHING, i found the word every time in every file, i know how to search.

Wether flying or not, a builder is a builder. My work has been inspected by very Qualified FLYERS and it is better than good.

If you only want to hear advice from flyers, then I guess you will have to restrict your reading to a very few on both the forum and the listserve.

I don't like additudes and answers can be given without insults.

I am here to do one thing, give conservative advice and confidence to those starting the build mentality.

Enjoy the build, I know I am

Mike

i can be reached at

I find the archives to be invaluable and indispensible. I read and reread the archives from every year BEFORE I tackle a chapter. That's where I've learned of gotchas', did ya knows, better mouse traps.

All of the chapter FAQs that I wrote were distilled from the archives.

I'm sorry you get nothing from the archives. I suggest you aren't looking hard enough.

...Wayne Hicks

Wayne Hicks

Cozy IV Plans #678

http://www.ez.org/pages/waynehicks

Its because of attitudes like what gets displayed in these messages that people stay away. Forums and mail lists tend to be occupied by builders. A self support group. There is not really a good place for people who are already flying.

A lot of people are looking for reinforcement that what they are doing is the right thing. Use the forums and mail lists to support others, and to get reinforcement that building an airplane is an OK thing to do.

Regarding the archives, I reviewed all of the year summaries by topic many, many times. The free text search engine works great. As an example, search for 'canard length' on this forum, and with Rick Maddy's search engine. Much easier to go by email title and source than 'the phrase is contained somewhere in this thread'. But archives are like any other source of information. If it doesn't float your boat, no big deal.

I'm getting ready to order a set of plans. I think I might go build me an airplane. One of them aluminum types...

Regards-

Norm

:D