Intercom Jacks

Daryl Lueck

For all you flyers out there... where did you mount your intercom jacks???? I need to send the wire lengths to American Avionics and I'm debating on the location. I like the armrests, but they may be in the way of my elbow. How about the center console? Could be the same elbow issue. The lower corners of the panel?? Don't like the wires running by the stick. How about the shoulder support??? Seems to be the best, but how do I run the wires????

Just need some ideas. How about it Marc and John? Couldn't see any pictures on your sites.

Daryl Lueck

Cozy IV N797DL

Originally posted by Daryl Lueck

For all you flyers out there... where did you mount your intercom jacks????

For the front seats, my jacks are on the top of the front seatback in between the two headrests. For the rear seats, they're just below that in the vertical section of the center console. The wires live between the shoulders of the pilot/copilot, and in the rear, drape over the legs.

This way, all the wires to all four jacks are about the same length and go to the same place in one bundle.

Works for me.

I'm not flying yet, Daryl, but I do have my jacks fitted, and I've tried it out with the headsets. I have the jacks toward the back of the front armrests. There's no interference with my elbow at all. You'd need REALLY long arms for this to be a problem. I like this position because there are no wires floating about near my neck :eek: and the headset tucks nicely into the baggage area with all the wires out of the way. I put the back seat jacks in the forward fixed part of the rear armrest on the theory that the wires wont bother me there :) and the connections are short. I'll put some pictures up when I get a minute.

Anyone watching my web site may be wondering what happened to progress. Truth is I've been pretty busy working, but I have made some progress here and there. Just havent had time to document it.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

Since I have no life other than airplane building/flying (other than that pesky law practice that helps feed the student loan monster), I really look forward to your updates. I too need to do some serious updating to my site as well.

Kidding aside, I really do like when you update your page. I value the info on various builders sites and I think the ease of seeing how others are doing things continues to help this kind of project grow in popularity and support. I was thrilled the night I found your "engine" site and then discovered it was going into the other four place canard (ok, not a Velo, but kissing cousins)

This kind of stuff is a great use of the iternet...which, BTW, I don't know if you know this....has pictures of naked girls on it. Keep that under your hat....if too many folks find out, it may stop ;)

FWIW.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...