List Recomendations

LargePrime

The Cozy list is great because it has no moderation. The drawback is that is is a more limited on size.

The Yahoo group (Canard Aviators) is a larger group but it has moderation which I and others have found frustrating from time to time.

I belong to both as I enjoy gathering as much information as possible and the more sources the better in my book.

Regards, Nick

Charleston, SC LongEZ, N29TM, 2400 hrs

http://www.canardzone.com/members/nickugolini/

If you're building (or plan to build) a Cozy then you need to be on the Cozy list. There's also a www.homebuiltaircraft.com which is new, but growing rapidly and definately worth a visit. Beyond this there are specialty lists for automotive engines (rotary = www.flyrotary.com ) Having multiple sources for the same info is a pain, and eventually I hope they'll all merge.

I resigned from the canard aviators when the "moderators" censored my posts for about the fourth time, and I heard the same story from a bunch of people with opinions I respect. If it's not open and free communication, then I don't want any part of it. I was sufficiently annoyed that I spent an hour and gave them a special page on my web site - http://kgarden.com/cozy/calist.htm (Aircraft Spruce also earned their own page at http://kgarden.com/cozy/calist.htm ).

My 2c

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

John,

I couldn't help but notice the link to homebuiltaircraft.com. I think you might have meant www.homebuiltairplanes.com (I hope anyway :D). There is a site going up at homebuiltaircraft.com but I have no Idea what it is going to be. It's not up and running yet. I talked to the admin over there and he didn't really want to let the cat out of the bag. Thanks for the mention though (at least I think it was a mention :D)

Jake

admin@homebuiltairplanes.com

What info do you need to read, what info do you need to read, what info do you need to read, what info do you need to read, you won't like my answer, nobody will like my answer, but I'll give it anyway, ifin you love the canard design then read enough to convince you that the cozy is the way to go and then READ THE PLANS and do what they say.

I have been a member of zetlins cozy group for years and read almost nothing once I started to build, it's in the plans, do it. Marc, you re here every day, not to add but to critisize. Hey, don't waste your time anymore, I'll tell you if anyone talks about your list, or mentions your name. Hate to see time wasted and you are not here to add just to critisize and oversee, you have allot of info and you add nothing! Not to worry, I'll police it for you, I promise and I live up yo my promisses.

What ever design you pick, love it and do it. The other designs don't always tell the truth, Nat Puffer does. When he say you can do it in 2000 or whatever hours he says, people have done it, start building and you can do it too!

Nat is not a GOD, just an honest plane designer/modifier. The answer comes down to - do what the plans say, they really are good.

Last weekend we had slaves and we did layups, largeprime was there and watch/took part in the process. We are on chapter 20, we have been building a long time.

I had him review the section we were working on and he saw, the illistration showed the fabric orientation and the text said the fabric and the orientation. 16 chapters and nothing is left to guesswork, EVERY step is as detailed as it was in chap 4, the first building chapter.

Reading this dribble and all the other groups and lists serves one main purpose, get the plans and start building!

In my book this plane is not experimental, it is custom made, the guesswork is gone. Ifin nat decides to retire, it doesn't matter, he already wrote it all down, JUST DO IT.

If you are an aviation engineer, then modify it structually and don't call it a cozy, if you aren't, then modify it all you want, just don't call it a cozy

I am here to supply info, and it all boils down to one point, if you want a canard, build the cozy, if you are afraid of the process, cmon over and we will dispell any fears you have, we had them and understand them ourselves.

Lets geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet building

maker wood dust and shavings - foam and fiberglass dust and one day a cozy will pop out, enjoying the build

i can be reached at

http://www.canardcommunity.com/