Engine baffles

I'm rebuilding some cracked baffles. The old baffles had inter cylinder baffles on the bottom (Cozy 3, high pressure side). I'm pretty sure this would just act as a wind break, reducing cooling. Any thoughts?

There are inter cylinder baffles on top. Those I understand and will reinstall. 

6 hours ago, lscotese said:

I'm rebuilding some cracked baffles. The old baffles had inter cylinder baffles on the bottom (Cozy 3, high pressure side). I'm pretty sure this would just act as a wind break, reducing cooling. Any thoughts?

The intercylinder baffles top and bottom are there to force the air through the cooling fins, rather than being able to avoid them. Some folks have them, some don't - it's not obvious that they either help or hurt, as there are so many factors that affect cooling that it's difficult to tease out a single factor. I have them and my CHTs run fairly low. If they were there before, and your temperatures were decent, I'd leave them in.

7 hours ago, lscotese said:

There are inter cylinder baffles on top. Those I understand and will reinstall. 

IMO, cooling air that doesn't go through the fins is wasted--it adds cooling drag with no effect.  I use intercylinder baffles top and bottom, and wrap the fins between the cylinders so that the air must go through the fins.  I also use various bits of sheet metal to seal the depressions in the case between the fins to stop air from escaping there.  Some pics in this reply   https://www.canardzone.com/forums/topic/18661-kents-long-ez-project/?do=findComment&comment=90258

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold