VariEze Paint?

Greg Iszler

Gang 

Any helpful suggestions on the amount of paint required to paint the exterior of a varieze?  I know its relative to the amount you spray on but give me a idea...

The plane is already painted and Im looking to refresh it (no I did not do the initial paint so i thought i would ask the zone...)

Last any suggestion on a brand you prefer of a white paint?

Thanks in advance!

Greg

A gallon.   You might only need 3/4 but a gallon is as cheap.    I have used  Axalta’s Nason  brand 2K polyurethane in Frost White.   It is a stock color and a little cheaper but good quality.   Any polyurethane will do.   The expensive ones like Imron are better but really deserve a professional painter— too expensive to screw up.

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

1 hour ago, Greg Iszler said:

Thanks for the input Im gonna give this a try this summer...

I painted two airplanes in my driveway with good results.  I usually pick a Fall day when calm winds are forecast, get it all taped and prepped the day before and then get up early in the morning before the wind picks up and spray it.   Hang around for an hour with tweezers to pick out the occasional bug until the paint hardens off a bit.  I  do not see much dust and only one or two bugs.   I have tried to make a spray booth in my garage before but it was such a mess I only did that once--much easier outside if the weather permits.

It helps to have painted a car or two first.  There is a learning curve.

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

Please do not consider Imron; it is for PROFESSIONAL auto painters who have professional equipment with inflowing air.    It is very toxic.   Companies that sell any chemical, including paints are REQUIRED by federal law to furnish any customer a MSDS document.    It will tell you all of the hazards such as inhalation, skin exposure, etc.