Baggage Pods Mounting

Hello,

I own a Long and have done so for four years. Many great trips from the UK to Europe. I have the excellent baggage pods from Dale Martin. Having spent time marking the line at BL-61 on the top and undersurface of each wing I saw that the line did not parallel the strake/wing joint line. I now realise that it was not meant to, as that is offset from the parallel.

I did however carry out an oil flow test and the results are attached. The flow over the upper surface matches the line but there is significant divergence on the lower surface. i appreciate this shows flow over the wing surface and not the free airflow, however should I still follow the exact parallel line at Bl-61 or adjust the mounting position to reflect the actual airflow?

I would be grateful for anyones thoughts.

Paul

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1709.JPG

IMG_1707.JPG

IMG_1706.JPG

IMG_1704.JPG

Interesting but he oil flow only shows the surface air flow.  No experience with baggage pods but I would think the pods should be mounted in line with freestream flow, i.e., parallel to the aircraft centerline.  Freestream might be affected by the body of the aircraft but that far displaced from the fuselage, I wouldn't think it'd be much.

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold