Vari-Eze Plan page A3, A5, A7

deesay

Hello,

I've searched looking for this topic - have to believe it's been in here a million times.

I'm looking for Vari-eze plans full size for A3, A5, A7. If someone could 

help me obtain an electronic copy or actual print, I'd appreciate it

Edited by deesay
misspell

Perhaps you could convince someone on the canard-aviators list to send you some copies.  https://canardzone.groups.io/g/canard-aviators

I am not aware of any digitized versions, not to say they are aren't any.  Maybe the TERF CD.  Another idea:  Do an FAA registry search for Varieze owners in your area and start calling around

https://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinquiry/

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

• 7 months later...

10 hours ago, fireflyer said:

Also, they can't/ don't sell licenses or serial numbers.  It's for 'historical reference' only.

In theory, it's nice to have a license and serial number but there are plenty of people building Open-ezs with neither.  There are no official licenses to be had except very rarely on the unused plans market and I doubt you could get the license transferred to you anyway.  I would suggest building an EZ (Open-ez).  The only reason I can see to build a Vari is if your top priority is to fly a little airplane on a small engine at great fuel economy.  Fuel is not most people's biggest expense.  It is insurance and hangar fees.

• Like 1

-Kent

Good point.  Some people are enamored with the idea of super fuel economy.  Fixed costs are killers.  While I can respect that, It's not my main goal.  A little more weight capacity would be nice and a lot more practical for being able to take another person and full fuel.  The legs on an EZ are better by several hundred miles.  I was excited because I found a Varieze for sale, but it's 2 states away and the seller has not followed through with pics.  I've found out the aircraft is poorly documented due to the death and loss of documentation of the original builder.  I think my first choice would be a Cozy, so I think I'll pass on this aircraft and just keep looking. 

1 hour ago, fireflyer said:

I think my first choice would be a Cozy, so I think I'll pass on this aircraft and just keep looking. 

If you are looking to buy a Cozy, Marc Zeitlin has posted his list of ones for sale on the Cozybuilders email group.  There are always projects coming up, too.  The projects are usually cheap but after they're flying the price goes up.    https://groups.google.com/g/cozy_builders/search?q=sale list

or   https://groups.google.com/g/cozy_builders/search?q=for sale

Also my "sales I've seen thread" here.  I stopped updating it but it will give you an idea of prices.

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent

Thanks Kent,

I've been scanning every web site I can find.  To be fair, all canards are fair game at this point.  I am not on the Cozy_builders group yet, but plan to get myself added to that group this weekend.  Also, I'm not looking for the highest priced, or lowest priced.  I'm trying to find the balance between fair price and quality of documented work done.  Seems I've picked the year to start where due to Covy, everyone has decided to get into the building game or get back into the building game.  I am certainly not in a rush.  I'm more the methodical tons of research guy.