EAA AirVenture 2019 "OSH"

This happens on schedule every year I choose to miss (or cannot attend) Oshkosh, the largest and most popular fly-in of North America and possibly the world:  I am having significant regrets about not attending this year.  I am beginning to wonder whether this is just something that I need to attend every single year so I don't find myself in this state of despair, writing to y'all about my first world troubles.  

I've rationalized this in the past by dedicating the week, or at least an extended weekend, to 100% plane building/progress.  As I write this, I realize this is what is best so that I can someday consider flying in to OSH as one of the many jockeying for position on multiple runways and taxiways (used as runways).

So there it is.  Thanks for listening.  I will be spending this OSH watching from the web cams and moving my own projects forward, which need to be my true priority these days. :grouphug:

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Jon, I wonder why you want to widen the rear of a Cozy IV.  It is not really a 4-seater unless the pax are kids and kids wouldn’t care.  It causes all kinds of problems like requiring custom cowls and resizing bulkheads.  Maybe a custom engine mount would be needed  You might have to revise the curve of the jigs for the sides.

i have only flown a person in the back seat once.

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

13 hours ago, Kent Ashton said:

Jon, I wonder why you want to widen the rear of a Cozy IV. 

It's amazing how the Internet never forgets.  I was doing an Internet search, looking for pictures based on "aerocanard vs cozy mark iv" and found the perfect picture, which happened to be attached to a post I made over a decade ago answering this question!  Remarkable!

TLDR:  My motivation was to take what I had perceived as a benefit (at the time) of an Aerocanard plans enchancement and apply it to the Cozy design (I had both sets of plans).  At some point I considered myself building an Aerocanard, but am definitely on the Cozy track right now.  Looking back, I would have stayed with the Cozy Mark IV plans 100% and not get distracted with the Aerocanard widened rear modification.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV