Cozy mk3 Canopy / turtleback / Cowling

Hello all

I need a canopy / turtleback / Engine Cowling for my Cozy MK3

I had a canopy on my hand but lost the connection.

Maybe some one have a canopy or the whole canopy/turtleback they will sell or know where to bye.

Thank you

Kim Jensen

Denmark

Good luck there.  Ya know, building a cowl is a big job but you might find you can build one easier than ordering one from Feather Lite to Denmark.  Maybe pics in the first page of this thread will inspire you    http://forum.canardaviation.com/showthread.php?t=4923  and here  http://www.canardzone.com/forum/topic/18661-kents-long-ez-project/?p=46674

First build the turtleback or at least get the firewall profile as you like it, then cover the engine with cardboard, plastic, paper, whatever.  Glue 1" blocks of blue foam to high points around the engine, then cover the engine with pour-foam and start standing until you get a pleasing shape and the blue foam blocks are beginning to show.  When you have the shape settled, cover the foam with fast-setting joint compound and sand smooth.  When the surface is smooth, paint the joint compound with a cheap glossy paint.  Wax it with many coats of wax and spray a bunch of very thin coats of PVA mold-release.  Now lay up the glass.

Use about three layers  of BID and use extra layers at the edges where you will install  camlocs or screws. 

Getting the canopy off the mold can be a hassle.  It helps to drill small holes just through the glass and inject shop air.

Edited by Kent Ashton
  • Like 1

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold