Enhancements - Suggestions

I see where there are many features that are not available unless one is a "Logged On Member".

An example would be the "Search" function.

You may want to open that up to guests if you hope to attract new members.

Also, are there plans to make the search function more robust?

Is there a way for me to see all posts made by a specific member?

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Tried that Ed, using my own account.

According to the statistics, I have made 1,655 (counting this one) posts yet the only posts identified using the method you suggest are the posts made since the site was resurrected. (3)

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

I see where there are many features that are not available unless one is a "Logged On Member".

An example would be the "Search" function.

Certain abilities are turned off by design to protect privacy and keep the spambots out.  

You may want to open that up to guests if you hope to attract new members.

While this would actually reduce the need to become a member, I just enabled the Search function for guests.  Since you can also use Google, there aren't any concerns over privacy in this case.  However, if you're not logged in you are limited to one search every 30 seconds.  I you want to do a search every 5 seconds, login.

Go to the member profile page, there are tabs on the left side to see all topics they've started and one to see all posts from them.

Thanks Ed, and you can also hover your cursor over the member's name anywhere on the site and wait for a mini member profile to appear, where you can click the [Find content] button.

Tried that Ed, using my own account.

According to the statistics, I have made 1,655 (counting this one) posts yet the only posts identified using the method you suggest are the posts made since the site was resurrected. (3)

I set searches to now include results from the past 15 years.  You should now see all of your topics and posts.

Also, are there plans to make the search function more robust?

Beyond searching for a user's content, let me know the specifics of what you're after and I'll see if it can be done.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

...you can also hover your cursor over the member's name anywhere on the site and wait for a mini member profile to appear...

Correction:  I just noticed that this happens everywhere except on the Member List!  Go figure.  There you can click the username and visit their profile.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV