ICON A5 designed by Rutan???

Phil Kriley

At least Neiman-Marcus seems to think so...

According to Neiman-Marcus...

ICON A5 Sports Aircraft and Pilot Training for Two Price: $250,000

Forget the his and hers towel set. Instead, how about a luxury aircraft built for two? The Icon A5, designed by the same team who created the X-Prize winning SpaceShipOne, is made of lightweight carbon fiber and features several James Bond-like touches including "spy-movie wings" that fold up, as well as the ability to touch down on land or water. But even 007 needed a license to kill -- so included is a FAA-certified Sport Pilot License training for two.

:confused:

Phil Kriley

Cozy #1460

Chapter 13 - nose

Right wing done - working on right winglet.

At least Neiman-Marcus seems to think so...

Not really. It's how you interpret it.

...designed by the same team who created the X-Prize winning SpaceShipOne...

So, what that means is that the some of the engineers who worked on the SS1 program left Scaled and became the core of ICON. There is no claim anywhere that Burt had anything to do with ICON, and he didn't. The statement SHOULD say "...designed by folks associated with the SS1 program..."

That was Neiman-Marcus' price, and included training for two. Pretty pricey training! LOL! I guess N-M needs to make a hefty profit! Can't imagine many takers...

NM has one of these things in every X-mas catalog. The question is do they sell any at all or is it just a gimmick to get people looking.

One year it was a his-n-her set of mini submarines.

Of course there are those to whom a mere 1/4 mil is insignificant and a gift like this is a novelty (not exactly your x-box).

The question that I have is does this gift come in a NM gift box?

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D