BerkutEze for sale

Edge 513

I thought I would post this here. Saw it on Barnstormers if someone is or knows somebody who is interested. Frank bought this couple years ago and I think sorted it out. Its a sexxy looking plane, but thats all I know about it. 65k price.

Cheers.

post-4661-141090171926_thumb.jpg

post-4661-14109017193_thumb.jpg

post-4661-141090171932_thumb.jpg

post-4661-141090171935_thumb.jpg

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

Contact Frank about his retracts. They may be why he is selling. They wernt a love affair from what I understand. Best just to ask him.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

This is General J D Moore's old aeroplane. Very fast in one of the Kilo trials some years back.

I guess we all have opinions about retractable gear, as do Columbia and Cirrus. ;-) Just thought I'd fire a few of the troops up.

Cheers,

Wayne Blackler

IO-360 Long EZ

VH-WEZ (N360WZ)

Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

http://v2.ez.org/feature/F0411-1/F0411-1.htm

I was emailing Frank on another facet of canards and asked him if he got the RG into a happy place. He said that he completely rebuilt the gear, and he scrapped the electrics from the manufacurer, and used Waiters unit, and it is good now.

FWIW. :)

Self confessed Wingnut.

I was emailing Frank on another facet of canards and asked him if he got the RG into a happy place. He said that he completely rebuilt the gear, and he scrapped the electrics from the manufacurer, and used Waiters unit, and it is good now.

FWIW. :)

Waiter's controllers is a definite plus. Getting the nose and mains on the same page is really helps.

The other issue is proper alignment of the wheel wells. There is very little room for error. The tolerances are very close. Per waire's suggestion, I'll be making my wheel wells a bit larger.

Other than that ..... good to go.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Waiter's controllers is a definite plus. Getting the nose and mains on the same page is really helps.

The other issue is proper alignment of the wheel wells. There is very little room for error. The tolerances are very close. Per waire's suggestion, I'll be making my wheel wells a bit larger.

Other than that ..... good to go.

I am not so sure the Infinity gear is that easy. I would [ but I'm not you] completely rebuild the gear seals and the other aspects that have been outlined by Lynn E here on the forum, that had to also be done on I-Gear that he has run across.

Then I would agree... "Good to go".:)

My unfortunate conclusion, is that it is a sad thing one has to scrap many of the manufactures parts and equipment provided, and redo it, or buy aftermarket to have Good to Go gear. [so there Wayne, finally the controversy rears it's head.;) ]

Heck, I have no experience with the gear, I am just going by what is reported.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Heck, I have no experience with the gear, I am just going by what is reported.

there lies the problem. your are not the only one with no experience with that gear. but you have has much experience as the manufacturer.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

there lies the problem. your are not the only one with no experience with that gear. but you have has much experience as the manufacturer.

Tonto to Lone Ranger, "Oh crap, here we go again".

Self confessed Wingnut.

Yeah ....... well, I'll take that information for what it's worth. :D

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

Yeah ....... well, I'll take that information for what it's worth. :D

but if you can see the value of the information why can't the manufacture?

is it because he considers the value of his product to be the same as you consider the worth of the information. of course the information will have a lot more value to all the buyers if they ever get any of the gear that they paid for.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

but if you can see the value of the information why can't the manufacture?

is it because he considers the value of his product to be the same as you consider the worth of the information. of course the information will have a lot more value to all the buyers if they ever get any of the gear that they paid for.

That's great information Lynn.

You should start your own thread!

I don't think there has been one builder who has been persuaded to bypass on the Infinity Gear based on your input.

......anyone?

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

That's great information Lynn.

You should start your own thread!

I don't think there has been one builder who has been persuaded to bypass on the Infinity Gear based on your input.

......anyone?

maybe not, but if I can only save one life it will be worth it. and you know I will keep trying

maybe not, but if I can only save one life it will be worth it. and you know I will keep trying

Really ........ That's your motivation?

Point me to the NTSB reports. Please.

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

Really ........ That's your motivation?

Point me to the NTSB reports. Please.

there would have to be someone flying the factories gear for there to be an accident involving one. everyone that that is flying with gear has had to modify it to be able to fly it. there is no factory stock gear flying so I guess someone is hearing me.

....... so what you are saying is there is no NTSB Accident, No NTSB Incident, and no gear flying.

You REALLY need to start your own thread on this.

I hate seeing such 'valuable' information getting lost in unrelated threads.

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

C'mon guys, loosen up.

My only concern is a failed main gear (up position) landing in a crosswind with any form of main retracts on a Rutan Ez type or Vari-ation. What's the chances of digging a tip? What's the outcome?

Happy to race any RG EZ with a 360 or less, or a 20B with my fixed gear 360 LEZ. . . :-) and I'll win ;-)

Cheers,

Wayne Blackler

IO-360 Long EZ

VH-WEZ (N360WZ)

Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

http://v2.ez.org/feature/F0411-1/F0411-1.htm

I was just looking at those pictures of Franks plane again a moment ago.

And there just is no denying it.

That airplane is the sexiest looking plane with a prop on it, bar none. No danglies look so fassssst.

The baggage podz are part of that "snarky look".

I dont think this thread should go on about the Igear aspect. Frank got his working great and that is super.

Please guys take the bones that you are picking and pick at them over in another corner. :)

Self confessed Wingnut.

Definately a Sexy ACFT...

Aestheticaly the Gear gives me the willies, it's the only thing that makes me hesitate on the CozyMKIV RG....

I like the Ergonomics, fit and finish of the Berkut design/ type of gear over whats on this acft..

I have benn vascilating back and forth on doing a MKIV RG or finding a Berkut kit, there is the difference in the ACFT in am aware, but the Berkut is a better fit for me I think....

I dont think I can fit in a standard long ez or even the Cozy MKIV, without some consideration in the cockpit..

The Berkut or a Very Modified kit from the ground up for me I think...

I tried on a LongEZ way back in 87, I fit but didnt take the plunge due to the CG issues....

I thought I would post this here. Saw it on Barnstormers if someone is or knows somebody who is interested. Frank bought this couple years ago and I think sorted it out. Its a sexxy looking plane, but thats all I know about it. 65k price.

Cheers.

Looks like this thread already got a little off topic but I'll answer the same qustion that everyone who calls about the plane asks....

Question: "WHY ARE YOU SELLING?"

Answer: It has nothing to do with aviation in any way. In other words, I'm not selling because I don't love the airplane, don't love the way it flies etc. I'm not selling because I'm going to buy another airplane (not right now anyway)

The short version is like this. I live in Florida, my young children live in NJ with my Ex Wife. I see them once a month if my work schedule allows it therefore work will simply have to go. In order for my current job to be placed aside, I need some capital to build a business or support me while I look for work back home. It sucks the big one but it's reality none the less.

As for the Infinity Landing Gear. Yes, it requires the pilot/owner to pay close attention but once she's dialed in (as my gear currently is) it's simply awesome. I drive the throttle forward, suck the gear up, I feel a jolt in the seat of my pants when they retract, I pull back on the stick, I point the nose where ever I want it to go - it goes there! Nothing quite like calling for a VFR clearance with an unrestricted climb to 10,000 (I'm at sea level) and being told to contact approach before I even start my roll. Three minutes later I'm at my cruise altitude and blasting along on my way to where ever.

Seeing true airspeeds of 197 KTAS while sucking between 8.5 and 9.5 gallons, being able to climb at 4K FPM if needs be, being able to descend at that same rate with power on to avoid shock cooling is worth all of the pain and suffering I've gone thorugh prior to the rebuild.

Complexity - Yup... Increased Performance - Without question!

While I'm at it, I saw that someone else mentioned Waiter's controller being "another option" I have to disagree with my whole heart. It's the ONLY option. The original controller card simply isn't up to the drill. It's far to prone to failure and there is no way to troubleshoot an error or detect an error should one occur. The Waiter Controller is smart and efficient and I would never recommend flying this landing gear without that control system being part of the design.

So.. that's that...

Frank Pullano Jr

BerkEz N97JD

- IO 360 - A1A

- Infinity Gear

- Waiter Controller System

Orlando FL (Based KSFB)