10 Years Rotary

V8 ???? in a Long EZ ??? Where can I see some pictures of this one?

The aluminum block, Buick V-8 was the powerplant that the original eRacer was designed around.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

The aluminum block, Buick V-8 was the powerplant that the original eRacer was designed around.

I think Spencer's is based on a Ford engine. Direct drive. Don't remember the details on the Buick eRacer except he had a lot of issues.

I think Spencer's is based on a Ford engine. Direct drive. Don't remember the details on the Buick eRacer except he had a lot of issues.

Sencer's Ford is a 351 cu in direct drive V8. Shirls aluminum buick V8 had to the best of my knowlege 750 hrs on the engine. the only mechanical problems were a broken rocker and a rod, neither contributed to a glider situation. That being said, he had a cowl fire because of the exhaust exiting the side of the cowl and almost lost the AC.

Jack

Sencer's Ford is a 351 cu in direct drive V8. Shirls aluminum buick V8 had to the best of my knowlege 750 hrs on the engine. the only mechanical problems were a broken rocker and a rod, neither contributed to a glider situation. That being said, he had a cowl fire because of the exhaust exiting the side of the cowl and almost lost the AC.

Jack

Good thing he had the forward titling canopy.

He also had a female passenger with him. Was it Jeanna Yeager?

Best regards,

Bruce Sturgill

http://www.pursuitofflight.com

Perry ..... what prop are you turning now.

In looking on your site it appears you have gone to an adjustable pitch.

I'm still using the fixed pitch. The Vari-Prop is a true variable pitch prop with it's own hydraulic control system independent of the engine. That makes it good for use with the rotary engine. I did a couple test flights over a year ago. It weighs over 50 lbs. so I'm currently waiting for a lighter hub they are building for me.

Shirl (The designer an pilot) was able to release the canopy latch which resulted in the canopy popping up 3-5 inches. The result was it cleared most of the smoke from the cockpit.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done