DeltaHawk powered helicopter

Spodman

Saw this rotary winged thing at Avalon, on the stand of the Australian 'distributor' of the engines. Soon to fly, there is a DH140 hidden away in the innards.

He was expressing his views on the superiority of the DH over a Subi when I wandered up. I noted the advantage of the Subi was you could buy one, which he had no good answer for. He also advised DH had abandoned the sale of experimental engines! They will only release them when they have achieved FAA certification, and any experimental engines sold will be the same production line as the certified.

post-451-141090166946_thumb.jpg

post-451-14109016695_thumb.jpg

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

I think I saw you on the Sunday, but I didn't get off 'work' until 1900, and then only had until 1930 until the free beer ran out... Wasn't the weather just brilliant :bad: Were you there for the downpour on Saturday???

ps. I took the pikkies and talked the talk on Friday, (I think)!

They had a DeltaHawk on a stand too, looked like the same one from 2005. Still plenty of time for them to get them working before I want to bolt one on...

Mark Spedding - Spodman
Darraweit Guim - Australia
Cozy IV #1331 -  Chapter 09
www.mykitlog.com/Spodman
www.sites.google.com/site/thespodplane/the-spodplane

I think I saw you on the Sunday

Yep, that was me. I listen to the scanner at these things. Helps to know what's getting ready to happen while taking photos. I heard your voice on Ground and couldn't resist annoying you.

Wasn't the weather just brilliant :bad: Were you there for the downpour on Saturday???

I was there Sat & Sunday. Sunday was Windy, but Sat was miserable. I was there to take photos for Air Sport mag. Can you image trying to keep thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment dry in that mess? BAD.

Drew Chaplin (aka the Foam Whisperer)

---

www.Cozy1200.com - I'm a builder now! :cool:

---

Brace for impact...