Cozy Girrrls hit the road - Houston

Cozy Girrrl

There is the possibility of needing to make a road trip down to Houston sometime in the future, any Canard builders down there want to get together?

Anybody down there need an engine mount and want to save at least $100 crating and shipping?

Regards, Chrissi & Randi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

I already have an engine mount, but I would be honored to have the opportunity to host the famous "Grrrrrls" out at the hangar to share my project. My Velocity is at Ellington Airport, EFD,(formerly Ellington Field but the city felt it needed an upgraded name) which is on the SE side on the way to Clear Lake/Nasa and Galveston. IIRC y'all are familiar with Houston.

When do you expect to be in town? My regular work schedule is a bit screwy being a cop. I usually work 2:30pm to 11:00pm Tuesday - Saturday, however, next week Feb 2 I am in a supervisor class and will be out around 5:00pm. Also, depending on manpower at the PD, I have plenty of time that I can take off.

Also, I believe David Moyer (?) lives in Kingwood (far northeast Houston) and is building a rotary Cozy. Maybe he could make it down too.

Let me know more details and we can hopefully make it happen. I relish the idea of meeting y'all and picking your brains for insight about canards and the rotary.:cool:

All the best,

Chris Barber

832-818-CELL (2355)

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

No idea on schedule, depends on something else working out as well as weather, timing, accomodations etc etc.

Chris, please check with other builders in the area and maybe when we get closer to setting a schedule we can simonize our watches and all get together. Check around about mounts =)

I think with Velocities included down at NASA there were something like six canard builder/flyers at one time, several in one subdivision and two on one block, maybe a record concentration of canardians.

It will be a quickie, one day there max.

...Chrissi & Randi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Around the corner yes, not 'round the bend, Jerry. Our wild roadtrip days are over, will leave that to the youg'uns. Besides, its a lot closer, only 14 hrs, 1 min. You're at least 18 hrs+, see you at SNF soon enough.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Well, if you do get into any trouble, we should be able to take care of you. Between Chris and my brother, we've got the PD pretty well covered.

B

Oh crumbs, they'll be gunning for us for sure!

Brett, who is your brother?

How come I find all this out -after- the six months I spent down there taking care of my mother? (4 yrs ago)

Heck, they closed Gilley's, and my friend Scotty died, so how much trouble can I get into? :rolleyes:

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Wayne, thanks, thats close enough to Hobby Airport. We'll probably stay with friends in Missouri City if it can be arranged(ironic, we live in a state of missouri) which is 20-30 min west of Hobby.

If Randi cannot go (take care of Kitty etc) I'll be taking a guy who is into airplanes and stuff, either way a visit would be uber cool. We will only have a day available and probably a lot of visiting to do... (except my sister, I'm sure she will be busy pulling the skins off of dalmation puppies or something)

"Johnson" Space center.. is that some sort of phallic joke?

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Yeah, and four years ago I was practicing law full time instead of the 'drive fast and carry a Taser" thing I do now. My practive focus in on Elder Law issues, including end of life and probate matters.

Either way, I really hope you can make it and we can arrainge something. I live about five minutes from Hobby in one direction and about five minutes from Ellington in the other direction, However, I work in the City of Bellaire (central-ish Houston).

Just keep us posted.

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

I guess we can print the t-shirts now; the official CG Road Trip will be Ft Worth on Friday 27th Feb in the evening, Houston Sat 28th afternoon and evening, and possibly a second day Sunday 29th.

Hope you guys can get together in one place or two so that we can meet up?

...Chrissi & Randi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

So, what age range are you looking??????? My small department, Bellaire (making national news for a police shooting on New Years....sigh, the media bs) has a full set of age ranges......25 - 55, black, white, brown, sorry, no asians currently.....you can pretty much pick and choose...well, other than the asian thing:p :rolleyes:

I am trying to make arraingments to be off in the evening that day as I really hope to meet y'all and show off my project....even though it looks like hell right now:)

All the best,

Chris

Christopher Barber

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

Great Chris, looking forward to finally meeting you. We promise to not look at your strakes :rolleyes:

Just tell your buddies on the force to ignor the minivan with the GIRRL license plates as it flys by. The locals are nice to us because they use our driveway for a speed trap, they're all pretty cool and come up and check out our project, three of them just bought a 172 together.

If you really want to know who else is building a plane in your neighborhood, just ask your UPS driver. They know everything!

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

hey,i´m single but.....live a litle bit away(in spain):sad::D

LOL, yah, I'd rather be in Spain, When I lived in London I spent my summers there then lived next door near Lisbon for a couple of years. Long ago and far away.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo