Newsletter subscription?????

flybeech21

Since those are Aerocanard plans, you should contact Aerocad to get this mystery newsletter. Or... you can do what you did, ask here, and guess correctly that they're just referring to old Cozy newsletters.

http://cozybuilders.org/newsletters/

Cozy newsletters are no longer in print.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

I was wondering why did you buy Aerocanard plans instead of Cozy IV plans. When I think of Aerocanard I think of someone who ripped Nat off and is still making money off of his Ideas. I would never give that guy any of my money. NOt trying to cause a fight just curious. STeve build on

Steve Harmon

Lovin Life in Idaho

Cozy IV Plans #1466 N232CZ

http://websites.expercraft.com/bigsteve/

Working on Chapter 19,21

I was wondering why did you buy Aerocanard plans instead of Cozy IV plans. When I think of Aerocanard I think of someone who ripped Nat off and is still making money off of his Ideas. I would never give that guy any of my money. NOt trying to cause a fight just curious. STeve build on

Nat was not ripped off. he got every penny that he was owed by the contract he signed. and that is the way the Courts saw it also.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

No offense taken my friend. I have asked myself this a couple of times already. I liked the idea of incorporating the larger backseat, heater mod, electric speed brake, increased gross weight, increased front seat load limit, and extra fuel capacity into the design. I figured initially building the airplane with the mods was the way to go. I also liked the idea of being able to complete a chapter with a Kit instead of plans building completely. Maybe I would like to build the fuselage and then buy a set of wings from AeroCad. Honestly, I had no clue that these plans are basically a copy of the cozy plans with some minor differences.

On the ripping Nat off topic, I guess I see it a different way. In my opinion, AeroCad did to Nat what Nat did to Rutan. Nat expanded the LEZ into a four place instead of a two place airplane by widening the fuselage. AeroCad expanded on the Cozy mk IV by slightly widening the fuselage and incorporating mods. There is an old article in EAA that was published when the Cozy first came out that hinted to the initial relationship between Nat and Rutan. Today you could replace the names with AeroCad and Nat. It was not a nice relationship initially between Nat and Rutan. They eventually came to good terms as did Nat and AeroCad. At least that is the impression I got from my amateurish research.

I was comforted by see that AeroCad had an existing agreement with Nat, or Cozy, or CO-Z development, or Aircraft Spruce, or whatever. Seeing that agreement made me much more comfortable with the purchase. Maybe this was a false sense of security? Well see. Its a done deal now.

Kevin

Nat was not ripped off. he got every penny that he was owed by the contract he signed. and that is the way the Courts saw it also.

Lynn,

Agreed,

Every legal challange the Nat put in Jeff's way was stricken down, even though Nat's budget for legal work was unlimited (his daughter), and Jeffs was limited to self-representation. According to Jeff, this disgust and cost caused him to discontinue his business, a great loss to the community. The company continues with Al at aerocad.

If the plans were simply illegal copies of Nat's, ACS would be breathing down the neck of Aerocad!!!

As with many disagreements, there usually is much more to them than the facts which we choose to filter in or out.

I Canardly contain myself!

Rich :D

I got the official word from Al @ AeroCad today. He says the plans are already updated with the latest changes. Here is the email he sent to me...

Hi Kevin,

I am pretty sure the AeroCanard plans should be complete and already include any necessary updates from the last Cozy newsletters. However, I would still recommend reviewing all the previous Cozy newsletters as there may be some good suggestions that were not mandatory design changes. We are also continually working on updating and improving the plans and will hopefully start a new AC newsletter soon for new updates and builder support and also online support. Also please feel free to call and check with us if you have any questions or need help.

Thanks,

Al Aldrich