revive an old long-ez project

gianmarko

Hello Gentlemen

some 15 years ago i was building a long-ez, but then my life took a different direction. after much travelling, i have finally settled down, and i have found out that my old long-ez project is still where i left it. i have a fuselage, left wing, both winglets, main spar, canopy, main gear leg, nose gear leg, and some more bits and pieces

do you reckon the construction could be continued? all the stuff was stored in door, and is probably only very dusty. i dont remember the name, but i used a french epoxy that was quite popular in italy at the time.

is there any history of longs motorized with rotax 914 or jabiru 3300?

i have another airplane now, but a canard has always been my dream.

thanks to all who will find the time to answer.

Okay ....... break time is over. Get back to work! :D

I sat on my plans for over 20 years. I bought them used and considered myself lucky to get them at the time. I knew I wouldn't be able to start them at that time but kept the dream alive.

Get to work! You have a great start on a wonderful aircraft.

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Thanks gentlemen. so no problem with fiberglass and foam cores after so much time sitting in a storage?

i happen to have a lot of space and a big, well equipped workshop at the moment :-) with even a lathe and a small vertical mill. just need to heat it.

Thanks gentlemen. so no problem with fiberglass and foam cores after so much time sitting in a storage?

i happen to have a lot of space and a big, well equipped workshop at the moment :-) with even a lathe and a small vertical mill. just need to heat it.

just vacuum and look for oil, wax, dead stuff est est.

PS. I'm going to get mine this AM but have a problem. there was no tole both at the bridge be for. how wide is it ? can i get my spar though it ?

how long is my spar ?

Steve M. Parkins