Rudder Cable Routing

Ron Landon

Question,

I'm about to "re"-install my rudder cable conduits through the fuselage and was contemplating dropping them to the deck just aft of the instrument panel and keeping them there most of the way back to the rear seat bulkhead. Logic suggests both that there may be some increased friction from a little extra conduit curvature and that it wouldn't be enough to worry about. Has anyone done this? Any encouragements or cautions?

Thanks,

Ron

Build2001

Thanks T Mann, I appreciate the response.

I had not contemplated embedding the conduit in the side walls. I encountered another builder who did that as well. I'll give that some thought and decide if I want to go through that work no that the fuselage sides are alreadyglassed.

Ron

Question,

I'm about to "re"-install my rudder cable conduits through the fuselage and was contemplating dropping them to the deck just aft of the instrument panel and keeping them there most of the way back to the rear seat bulkhead. Logic suggests both that there may be some increased friction from a little extra conduit curvature and that it wouldn't be enough to worry about. Has anyone done this? Any encouragements or cautions?

Thanks,

Ron

Build2001

Why do you want to move them from the plans location? They work fine there, not in the way of anything and are a proven system.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

Ron..... is this a new build?

If you are just building you can also run the conduit through the interior sidewall. Start at a point 12 inches below the top longeron (WL 11) at FS 32.5 .

The exit point would be about 4 inches forward of the firewall at WL 8.5.

If you do it this way you will have the instrument panel and the 2 seatbacks to work around but it is do-able.

The result would be a straighter pathway for your rudder cable vs, the roller coaster plans method.

Seat the conduit in micro and follow with a couple of BID tapes.

......... or just do it the plans way. ;)

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

Thanks for the help guys. I have elected to simply lower the path on my right conduit about 1". The problem I was having was that the conduit was too close to the connection of the bottom of the front stick and the elevator connetion assembly where the plans call for carving out the fuselage wall to accomodate. by moving the conduit about 1" down there is no potential of conflict. Resolved. :)

Ron