Flame Certificate???

Does anyone know about any requirement for a FAR25.853 burn certificate for upholstery in our planes?

I asked for a quote from a fabric company, and they gave me a quote and told me an additional $50 to the FAA for the certificate.

I want the properties, but not the fee....

My guess is it's not required in our planes.

Inquiring minds want to know......

"I run with scissors."

Cozy MKIV N85TT

Phase One Testing

http://home.earthlink.net/~jerskip

Does anyone know about any requirement for a FAR25.853 burn certificate for upholstery in our planes?

I asked for a quote from a fabric company, and they gave me a quote and told me an additional $50 to the FAA for the certificate.

I want the properties, but not the fee....

My guess is it's not required in our planes.

Inquiring minds want to know......

unless you are going to register it as an transport category aircraft I would not worry about it. just don't install a door between the crew and the passengers and you will be OK. if you do the door will need a cert. also. The far 25 is for transport category aircraft only but does not apply to the crews seats anyway. they don't care about the crew only the passengers.

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

On a related note, for those interested, take note of the clothing you wear while flying. What you're wearing (or not wearing) in a firery accident may significantly alter your outcome (i.e. life/death). Note that in wintertime we frequently bundle-up in torch material and summer leave our skin exposed with no protection. Generally natural fabrics are most practical and synthetics are to be avoided.

More and more in todays glass cockpits you need to be aware of the color of your clothes as well, a nice tidy whitey t-shirt may be cool and comfortable but it is going to wash out all of the electronic displays, go for a neutral grey if possible.

Spoils our plan for hot pink Nomex jump suits :sad:

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo