LE Firewall Drawing

Cozy Girrrl

EEEEK "We're turning Japanese, we're turning Japanese.." who was that, Cheap Trick?

I used to go to Omiya City in Saitama about twice a year. Somehow dodged the winters. Most memorable time was in the spring when the cherry blossoms are at their peak and everybody goes to the park for a picnic.. I loved their customs.

On my way to work I'd usually get snagged by the business dept to proof read an instruction manual from Engrish into English... little did they know it was my worst subject. I think back then I was still using the Parkens Universal Decoder Rev 1.0 :ROTFLMAO:

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

1 Most languages have only three tenses future, present and past in English you have at least 13 or maybe even more but I didn't hear about them yet. I always have trouble with this.

I don't think there's many languages with only past present future, I think that when we're native speakers we don't learn the grammer by rules but by habit, so we use all the tenses of our native language without realizing it.

When I was learning french, francophones would tell me things like "oh, we don't really use imparfait", or "that's just an archaic form", but they *were* using it, they just didn't realize it. They'd say "there's just present, passe compose, and futur" and miss the fact that they were using, out of habit, imparfait, plus-que-parfait, subjonctif, conditional, etc, etc,...

Who remembers grade school grammer for their native language, we just speak it! But you couldn't get by with just three tenses I don't think.

(Oh, and yes, I know subjutive isn't really a tense but a mood and all that, but really, it amounts to the same thing. Mood and voice and forms oh my! Makes me glad I chose to study something simple like engineering, instead of languages, but wow, it's amazing that the average person does all this transparently)

As for irregularity, there I'll agree with you, english is terribly irregular. I wish it were otherwise! (< look, english subjunctive! yet most will insist the subjunctive doesn't exist in english! :) )

Craig K.

Cozy IV #1457

building chapter seven!

http://www.maddyhome.com/canardpages/pages/chasingmars/index.html

So why is it I can take six years of first year French and not be able to speak it yet Airplane sinks right in?

...Chrissi

The airplane is interesting? :D :D

Regrets to francophiles... but at the end of the day it's true, we retain what we find most fascinating. I'm sure if someone unearthed my high-school notebooks (and probably uni too) there's be more doodles of airplanes in the margins than actual notes!

Wait a sec... six years of first year French??! Heh, I did first year Calculus a few times over :o but six times?

Craig K.

Cozy IV #1457

building chapter seven!

http://www.maddyhome.com/canardpages/pages/chasingmars/index.html

Yah, six years. The funny thing was I grew up overseas, my first language was whatever the native dilect of my nannie in Africa was until my mom put a stop to that.. Swahili? Yes folks I am a real African/American :) and lived in Europe into my teens. I had no problem getting around speaking French, Spanish and Portuguese but thats entirely different than the classroom stuff though I did pass two years of Latin :confused: now thats real useful, Klingon anybody?

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

The world is getting stranger by the minute. !!!!!!!!! http://www.kli.org/

Its true! just when I thought I knew a guy I caught him making his insignignias for his uniform, not knowing what they were I asked him to 'splain to me, he was rather self concious and swore me to secrecy; he was being inducted as a Klingon officer or somethng like that..talk about secret societies, next thng we will see them marching in the Easter parade in between the Shriners and the Masons. What I want to know is what the heck do a bunch of guys do at a Klingon meeting?:o

Next, what the heck does this all have to do with firewalls?

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo