WANTED: Varieze Plans

I have considered the Long-EZ. In fact, it was the aircraft that inspired me in the first place. Operating albeit w/ some admitted ignorance on my part, my desire for the Varieze over the Long is one of a little bit economics and a little bit...well, purpose.

I recently purchased Cozy MKIV plans #1508. I chose the Cozy MKIV (which I was lead to by the Long) based upon the practicality: range, passengers/payload, comfort, cruising speed. And, despite everything I've read warning against this other factor...emotion. I was inspired by the Long EZ and chose to go the canard/composite route, from scratch.

But back to "purpose". I'll get the practicality out of the Cozy. The Varieze or Long will be another project...something I can be a little more innovative on, that I can explore a bit more with and take a bit slower.

-C.

Good Deal;

I don't think building a Long takes significantly more time then a Vari. IMHO, To get the maximum return on my investment (time and money) I would build the Long.

Waiter

F16 performance on a Piper Cub budget

LongEZ, 160hp, MT CS Prop, Downdraft cooling, Full retract

visit: www.iflyez.com