Berkut Panel

TMann

Scope Creep :eek: are two words that are project killers but I'm thinking I may make a mod that I had not previously defined when I started my project (what are the odds of that?:rolleyes:)

In the Berkut, the instrument panel starts out perpendicular to the floor but it changes angle by 7 degrees to create a better angle of view to the panel. I'm looking at cutting out the upper part of my panel and angle it at 7 degrees as well.

Has anyone done this, or are there any Berkut fliers that can address the effectiveness of this mod?

T Mann - Loooong-EZ/20B Infinity R/G Chpts 18

Velocity/RG N951TM

Mann's Airplane Factory

We add rocket's to everything!

4, 5, 6, 7, 8. 9, 10, 14, 19, 20 Done

That's an interesting idea, but keep in mind that you're very reclined in the seat.

I'm building a Cozy, and will keep the instrument panel bulkhead as-is until I get brave enough to cut it out and setup the right side to angle on a vertical plane towards the pilot as well as make the final panel removable.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

My long has the standard panel, the Open-EZ I'm building has the 7° slant your referring to. until I get the fuse tubbed up and am able to sit in it and see for myself then I guess I'll see if it's worth the trouble.

Those I've talked to say it makes the panel present a little better, if you can make a mock up and try it out and see what suits you best, I really don't think the slant vs. the standard would really make a big difference once your flying, some say it does...

Long-EZ #582, Hangar 51 Southeast Texas Regional Airport - KBPT