Looking for cozy mk iv project

Yep - and Rick Maddy's would also be an excellent option...although it MIGHT be too far along to meet the 51% rule. :confused:

AAAGGGHHH. Please read the myriad explanations that have been written on the mailing lists as well as the canard fora on the definition of the "Major Portion Rule". There is no such thing as a 51% rule. The MPR has nothing to do with how many people work on the plane, or in what sequence. Rick Maddy's project can ABSOLUTELY be certificated in the experimental amateur built category, and it's even likely that a subsequent builder could get the repairman's certificate.

As long as the project was built for "recreation and education" any plans built aircraft will meet the MPR.

AAAGGGHHH. Please read the myriad explanations that have been written on the mailing lists as well as the canard fora on the definition of the "Major Portion Rule". There is no such thing as a 51% rule. The MPR has nothing to do with how many people work on the plane, or in what sequence. Rick Maddy's project can ABSOLUTELY be certificated in the experimental amateur built category, and it's even likely that a subsequent builder could get the repairman's certificate.

As long as the project was built for "recreation and education" any plans built aircraft will meet the MPR.

Thanks for the explanation, Marc. I guess I should have said that my concern was that if I took on Rick's plane and finished it that I might not be able to qualify for the repairman's certificate.

There may not be such a thing as the "51% rule", but that's what everyone calls it. ;)

Phil Kriley

Cozy #1460

Chapter 13 - nose

Right wing done - working on right winglet.

• 2 months later...