Cozy Mark IV Project $7500 #0497 to Chapter 14 partial

Cozy Mark IV Project #0497

COZY MARK IV PROJECT #0497

Project completed through Chapter 12.

Chapter 9 is missing Brakes & wheels.

Chapter 13, Fiberglass Nose Strut complete - no hardware, Top & Bottom Nose skin ready for painting.

Chapter 14, Center section Spar is complete.

Project includes Canopy latch system by Al Wick, Rudder Pedals by Dennis Oelmann and a Sticky-Stuff Epoxy Dispenser.

I have invested just over $11,000. For more information and pictures, email me. I could never use this wonderful airplane because of the front seat weight limit. My weight is over 280 and if I put my wives weight on the web I would be dead, so you do the math.

I live on Phoenix and any help would be greatly appreciated or EAA chapter 1217 people have given this project an A+ for workmanship (I bought this project) Asking $7500.00

Regards

marv@valento.com

-Marv

I have invested just over $11,000. For more information and pictures, email me. I could never use this wonderful airplane because of the front seat weight limit. My weight is over 280 and if I put my wives weight on the web I would be dead, so you do the math.

The math tells me that she could sit in the back seat.

Received from Marvin Valento via e-mail...

Phil,

I was 260lbs thirty years ago when I received my sports scholarships, I work out every day. I have no problems to address other then sell my Cozy

Keep in mind that there are such things as "football players". :)

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

• 4 weeks later...

At this stage is it still possible to make a sweet 2 seater out of it? I'm 6'4 and would love to be able to stretch out. Most Canards I have sat in make it seem unlikely that I could go very long.

!!! I am 6'3" and I am starting a Long-EZ. Will I have problems?

I am the least qualified to answer that question on this forum. I am 6'3-5/8 to be exact and I have sat in 3 planes.

1. A cozy III front and back seat. This plane was half finished, and with no cushions and moving the rudder pedals it would have worked, although I would have probably had to mod the canopy.

2. A Long of David Orr's. I was uncomfortable in the back seat although the ride was so great I barely noticed..30 minutes; 3 hours would not have worked. Front seat with a cushion, no way/

3/ another long Ez, and no way. It had a fairly thin cushion, and I still would not have been able to fly it. Plus my knees hit the IP and inhibited using the rudders.

My guess is that if you are building, you can get around all of these if you know what you are doing...recess the seat 1-2 inches..make the nose slightly longer..move the rudders..etc, etc, etc. There is a whole area on both forums discussing these mods/

D