TERF CD for sale

Jon Matcho

I put my extra "TERF CD" (required for the Open-EZ) up on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=330054906441

Attention Bargain-Minded TERF CD hunters:

I currently hold the winning (and as of this post, the only) bid for Jon's extra copy of the TERF CD package listed on eBay. With permission, I'm letting you all know my Max bid is set at $161.01 and I have no intention to defend any challengers since I've since elected to spend an extra $40.00 on another auction that closed sooner. The top of the current winning bid is presented here in the spirit of:

- Let's Work Together out in the OPEN -

So if you're planning on getting your OPEN docs together, beat this max and keep your fingers crossed, you could use the savings from a known reserve toward the other items you'll need to order from RAF.

Good Luck :D

Hat

Airspeed is Life -

:cool: - Having lots of it

is Better!

Thanks for the information "hat". I wonder if Jon would have a 'buy it now' feature and close off the bidding if someone is willing to match the max bid.

The last second poaching prevalent on eBay can make bidding unpleasant, unless it's an item I must have. :rolleyes:

Remi Khu

Cozy Mk IV

Plan #1336

I wonder if Jon would have a 'buy it now' feature and close off the bidding if someone is willing to match the max bid.

I thought of doing that for $200-$225, but then thought that it turns away people who enjoy the auction process. At this point I'm just going to let it roll. Put whatever BID in that you're comfortable with. There might not be anymore bidders!

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Congratulations Remi,

That eBay shoot-out had the timing and precision of a combat ace. Three second margin to win. :D Nothing short of what I'd expect to see after looking over your project pages. Just seeing the detail you put into your work bench primed my expectation of what to expect to see in your progress pics, and I wasn't disappointed. Looks to me like your Cosy will end up earning the reputaion of being one of the finer built birds flying. I'm glad you won and looking forward to learning much from you along the way.

I hope to receive my TERF package tomorrow. Even though you aren't getting yours directly from Matt at TERF, give him a call anyway, let him know you have a copy coming, he may have a reasonable request for you and I know you'll be glad you spoke with him. He's a great source of information and insight on all things Rutan and an all around great guy to talk to.

Again, Congrat's!

-

-

Jon,

Nice job. As you can tell, I think your Spare has found the right home and I hope I assisted in a small way in making the match happen. Coming from you, that TERF information heading Remi's way has claim to a fine lineage. Way to go! :thumbsup:

Night Guys..

Hat

Airspeed is Life -

:cool: - Having lots of it

is Better!

Thanks Hat for the kind words. I am humbled by your comments.:o It was during the opening minutes of the Broncos vs. Seahawks game that I decided to give the auction a shot... admittedly I enlisted the help of an online sniping outfit. :bad: It was my first ever attempt at using such a service and had no expectation of winning, it was a trial run.

The CDs will be a nice collectors' item for me since, at this time, I have no intention of building more than one plane of any kind. The Cozy is and will continue to be a hobby that can interfere with some of my other responsibilities. :D

Do tell via PM or otherwise what Matt of TERF will impart upon me. I have no intention of reproducing the contents of the CDs, it's simply an unscrupulous act that I will not participate in. Thanks again for the heads up Hat!

Remi Khu

Cozy Mk IV

Plan #1336

Coming from you, that TERF information heading Remi's way has claim to a fine lineage.

Pah-lease. :)

I have no intention of reproducing the contents of the CDs, it's simply an unscrupulous act that I will not participate in.

As far as I know, nobody has done that to date. There was a Long-EZ POH available for download at www.ez.org. It was NOT the same file as is on the TERF CD, but does show that SOME of the information can (should?) be made available without questioning one's scruples.

I understand that Burt has no issues with copying the Canard Pusher Newsletters and POHs. HOWEVER, the Canard Pusher Newsletters on the TERF CD contain a substantial value-add in that they're text-searchable. This represents a substantial amount of work on TERF's part, and I would be disappointed to ever find TERF's versions of the Canard Pusher Newsletters available for download without TERF's permission. If "raw" scans of the Canard Pusher Newsletters were to become available that were not text-searchable, that's a different story.

• 2 months later...

I understand that Burt has no issues with copying the Canard Pusher Newsletters and POHs. HOWEVER, the Canard Pusher Newsletters on the TERF CD contain a substantial value-add in that they're text-searchable. This represents a substantial amount of work on TERF's part, and I would be disappointed to ever find TERF's versions of the Canard Pusher Newsletters available for download without TERF's permission. If "raw" scans of the Canard Pusher Newsletters were to become available that were not text-searchable, that's a different story.

There is such a thing as OCR (optical character recognition). If some one had hard copies of any of this old information and scanned it in using OCR it would be very easy (there would be some busy work involved in formating etc) to create text searchable information and format it either as pdf files or hyper-text. This would also facilitate dare I say it... "updating" the plans or "changing" them.

There is such a thing as OCR (optical character recognition).

Understood. I assumed those that knew what O-C-R stood for would understand how the CPs were made "text searchable".

If some one had hard copies of any of this old information and scanned it in using OCR it would be very easy (there would be some busy work involved in formating etc) to create text searchable information and format it either as pdf files or hyper-text.

If you've ever attempted OCR, you'd have an idea of how much proof-reading and correction would be required. Technically it is "easy", but I would definitely estimate A LOT of "busy work".

This would also facilitate dare I say it... "updating" the plans or "changing" them.

The AeroCanard plans were OCR'd from Cozy IV plans. Guess what happened? Measurements and words have been lost in the translation all over the place. Sure, it can be done, but it's still a fair amount of work (albeit less than typing them in directly).

Regardless, I agree that it would be good to update the plans (pick a model -- they all could use some updating).