Local supplier in DFW area?

rnbraud

Hello all,

Well it is three weeks away from my B-Day, which means I will be getting my plans soon. I am getting the shop (garage) ready.

I was wondering if anyone know of a local supplier for MGS expoxy and/or the BID and UNI in the Dallas/Fort Worth, TX area?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Your best bet for the first couple chapters at least is to go with www.aircraftspruce.com or www.wicksaircraft.com

Once you know the materials you're working with, you'll be able to explore where you *might* be able to get them elsewhere. There are 100s of different types of fiberglass weaves. Foam is another story -- I spent quite a bit of time trying to identify the right foam out of the few 4 types that were shipped with my Chapter 4-7 kits.

How's that birthday coming along?

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

Thanks for the info.

I agree on the first couple of chapters. I was thinking more of a local supplier for epoxy, I am going with MGS, since it has a definite shelf life. The only other thing I would consider locally would be bulk rolls of fiberglass.

I will be ordering the plans this week in order for them to arrive by Sept. 23!

Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

How is your search for local suppliers going. I'm in the Southern Oklahoma area and have the plans and terf cd, and would like to start on an open-ez soon. I would be interested in any information that you have accumulated. Also I'm looking to assist someone who is in the fiberglass/foam stage of a project to gain hands on experience.

How is your search for local suppliers going. I'm in the Southern Oklahoma area and have the plans and terf cd, and would like to start on an open-ez soon. I would be interested in any information that you have accumulated. Also I'm looking to assist someone who is in the fiberglass/foam stage of a project to gain hands on experience.

Hello Antonio,

Unfortunately, I haven't found any local suppliers. The only thing local was the West epoxy used for finishing. I found it at a local West Marine store.

Also, I was able to find Alodine for the aluminum parts at the local autobody store, English paint supply. They had to order it, but there were no hazardous charges.

Good luck.