Hi guys. First time poster long time reader.

Just wanted to say "Hi" ;)......Go to http://www.bogusURL.com

and check symbol : ABCD you will see how big the

growth is :) Let me know what you guys think ;)

Wow. An argument for controlling membership, like the mailing lists do. What was it I heard about web fora being immune to SPAM?.......

Wow. An argument for controlling membership, like the mailing lists do.

I usually catch this stuff in 24 hours and correct. Aside from the quote in this thread, the original post has been deleted and the original user banned. They'll need to put in even more energy to spam again.

What was it I heard about web fora being immune to SPAM?.......

Now who said that? Not me. The fact is that any yahoo can sign-up here (or even on your mail list) without too much difficulty. It's not like we'd ever run background checks to verify just how much interest someone really does have in canard aircraft. :)

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

.... The fact is that any yahoo can sign-up here (or even on your mail list) without too much difficulty. It's not like we'd ever run background checks to verify just how much interest someone really does have in canard aircraft. :)

Completely untrue. I manually add each requester to the COZY mailing list, and only after they've provided a full address and phone #, as well as some building/flying status. It's WAY too much work for a casual spammer to go through, and gives way too much opportunity for them to get caught. That's certainly possible here, too, but it gives an indication of the fact that these things don't just run themselves (as you well know).

How much spam have you seen on the COZY or canard-aviators mailing list? It's been about 8 years since the last time I saw any, I think.

Completely untrue.

I'm sure I could join any mail list using my neighbor's name, phone number, and an e-mail address I just setup to spam the membership IF I wanted to. Granted there is more of an effort to do so, but the reward is greater -- 1,000+ impressions to a selected audience (vs. a couple dozen people who happened to stumble on the spam post here).

Since 2003 when I joined this forum, I've encountered 2 spam posts, which I immediately deleted.

Don't make me start a fund to be awarded to the first person to spam on the COZY list. ;)

$1

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV