I hope I'm not breaking pilot ettiqutte

Aaron

I know skydivers have plenty of superstitions and rituals, but I'm not indoctrinated yet in ways of pilots so your customs are strange for me. In case it is bad luck to wish you luck; I'll keep last names out of it.

I just wanted to say congrats on having an airplane John, what a long strange trip it has been for you , and thanks for documenting it so carefully!

If you were a skydiver, I'd have only one thing to say: [Extends arms out, palms up as if carrying a case of beer]

Beer!

Extends arms out, palms up as if carrying a case of beer

Hmmm. Thanks, but I don't think that'll work. "break a leg" wouldnt be good either. :eek:

I don't know if there's a "tradition" for first flights. Like ripping off and signing the teeshirt for first solo, for example. Maybe we should start one. Any suggestions for first flight traditions?

As for luck - I'm very intent to ensure that luck isnt a factor.

But, thanks again for the good wishes.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

>Did you ask for special dispensation for SnF

er... no. I have a 40 mile radius. I'm not even sure I'd want to fly in there after the time's flown off. At this stage its much easier and safer to drive. Maybe next year when I'm really comfortable in her. I'll be at Rough River come hell or high water.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

John, at Lockheed-Martin I believe it was a custom that the test pilot carry the wallets/personal items of the team that built the plane and the ground crew........in your case I guess you'd take up Char's purse on your first flight, although that may present an odd photo op on your triumphant egress from the cockpit after you land!!

Regards, all the best on your upcoming milestone,

Bob Macon

N808RM

Ch. 4

Bob Macon

Plans #1242

N808RM

...Hey Aaron and Mike....Perhaps a first 'flighter' could BREAK a bottle of Fosters over the "ship" when it successfully returns!! Kinda like they do when they christen a new ship. That way even non-drinkers could participate. Of course, I don't know if I would want to take the chance of scratching up my new bird....... ;)

What ya think???

David Swain

Watch thine airspeed, least the ground come up and smite thee.......

Of John taxiing down the runway as we shoot off champagne bottles, splattering champagne all over his beautiful bird...

What a sticky mess that would be.

And skydivers DO modify it to "Beverage of Choice" nowadays, they're not as hard partyers as they were back in the days of yore...