Howdy all!

Just checking in to see everyone's progress. Slade, I think you were at 99% some time ago, are you dissasembling the plane now :)

I notice Greg Richter put up a short blurb about his Cozyjet, anyone have more info on this? has he flown it yet?

CBarber, hows that kit working out for you? get your engine squared away yet?

Nathan, hows the new house?

Actually it was 98% done, now it's 99% done. Most people stop at 95% and fly the sucker.

Details of progress are in the web site http://kgarden.com/cozy check chapter 27 and "things to do". Here's a summary....

Intake is complete except the rail. Should have the intake installed and fuel lines plumbed next week. Remaining major items needed for inspection and flight are:

install a few engine instruments

wire some instrument senders

make a few plates to block off unused outlets on engine

plumb turbo oil

weigh & balance

refit canopy hinges

Cowl flap actuator

get Cozy stick time

inspection

taxi test

As it stand now I'm planning for first flight on Dec 17th at 10:35am.

(note that I didnt mention which year)

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

>Your progress has been nothing short of inspirational.

Well thanks, but I disagree. My progress during the first 18 months was pretty good. After that I slowed down a lot, and now I'm kinda crawling. Cozy's have been built and flying in 18 months - 2 years.

I know I speak for many when I say thanks for keeping up with your Blog (webpage, whatever you want to call it). By honestly and fully recounting every step and misstep along the way you've given us insight into the journey many of us are either just starting or are still contemplating.

I just wanted to say that well, before it's too late.;) Be safe, good luck!

>no offense intended.

None taken. What would life be without a little humor - even sick humor has a place :)

Last I heard "ignition" was a few weeks away. Greg's on this list. I'm hoping he'll tell us about it when it happens (once he's got his teeth out of his throat).

Aaron,

Glad to hear from you. Hope all is well and that the wife's education has not completely shut down your building plans.

I recieved my wings/canard parts a couple of months ago. I finished attaching the winglets to the wings last week and, believe it or not, they look like, well, WINGS (go figure). It is nice to finally have the blue foam protected by cured glass. Much less delicate. I started on the canard this past Saturday and attached the trailing edge foam last night and should do my first canard lay-up in the next couple of days (if SWMBO doesn't find a honeydo for me) Once the basic glassing is all down on the flying surfaces I will go back and have a big "frosting" party..all y'all are invited <g>.

It was fun to tear down the engine and get a feel for the rotary. Thanks again for the help and again, sorry for the fate of your "breaker bar". I have the Conversion Concepts engine mount on the fuselage and have test mounted the run out core we played with. It was a hit at the EAA Chapter 12 meeting we had at my place in August.

Even though I am not ready for it yet, I hear the Renesis should be available in January...I hope that is January of 2004. (short block $5757ish)

Havn't heard from Nathen since he bought his project. Feel free to stop by (I will even try to give you a chance to talk while I am interupting):rolleyes:;) Also, I have updated my webpage with some new pics.

All the best,

Chris

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

Originally posted by CBarber

Aaron,

Glad to hear from you. Hope all is well and that the wife's education has not completely shut down your building plans.

Hey Chris,

Building is sidlined, I'm trying to return to the air. For now, it looks like skydiving will be the extent of my airtime. Perhaps once you and Nathan show me some end product I might be able to start building ;)

Glad to hear about the wings, sounds like you're making progress!

Uh, cutdown center keel with a yoke. The keel is cut down to only about 2-3 inches high (to provide a path for some contol cables etc.) with a bump in the keel at the front seat back area to provide room for the speed break electic motor. It provides about 4 extra inches of hip room to the width of the cabin (42 inches total). This was the original configuration of the Velocity SUV. That model, now discontinued, only had one gull door on the pilot side. The cut down keel allowed the passenger to slide over the pilot seat and keel to get to the passenger seat with only one door. The single door version, the SUV, at the time, was about 7k cheaper, even though the only real difference was a single door (I have added the second door and that turns my model into an SE - Standard Elite) and the yoke. Interestingly, the yoke is now a $1000.00 "upgrade" option.

For me, the difference between yoke and stick is pretty much a wash. Actually, I do not think I would like being limited to flying only with my right hand. I am right handed and usually fly with my left hand and contol throtle and radios with my right. I can switch hands with a yoke, I like that option. Of course this is just personal preferrence, YMMV (your milage may vary)

FWIW,

Chris

Christopher Barber

Velocity SE/FG w/yoke. Zoom, zoom, zoom.

www.LoneStarVelocity.com

Live with Passion...

>Hey, you didn't say WHICH 7-11 John!

Correct! :D

I'm moving back to my hometown of Lakeland in another week John.... I'm one of those considering getting plans for a Mk IV... would love to see your "maiden voyage

You'd be very welcome to drive down and visit before or after she flys, but the first flight will be NOT be announced in advance. No press, family etc. etc. = no unnecessary pressure. It'll happen when I feel everything is ready. After the birds' flown 2 or 3 times, then people will get to watch.

I can do Lakeland to my house in just over 1.5 hrs. (in a car).