Another Forum

rmaddy

I hope it does catch on, but in the interests of simplicity lets work together on this. The last thing we need is another place to check for information. While I welcome the overall concept, let's keep detailed stuff about canards over here. If it achieves its objective, the homebuiltaircraft forum will become a general meeting place, and a funnel for type specific questions & discussion. No-one gains if we split the information between two places.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

I agree. At one point, I was a member of C-A, Cozy, Velocity airplane lists, Subaru and Mazda engine lists and AeroElectric.

And then this forum.

There's no way to stay abreast of everything and get any work done on my airplane, so I quit all of them but this and Cozy.

The downside of the computer age. We're buried in information we can't even decide if we need unless we take the time to wade through it. Bummer. Wouldn't change a thing (except open up C-A :)).

...Destiny's Plaything...

I do agree with you that canard specific questions should be and will be directed to this forum. I definitely was not trying to take away from what you all are doing here. In fact, I hope to build a cozy one day myself, so I am extremely grateful for this forum. I created homebuiltairplanes.com as a place for the entire homebuilder community, and especially those without the benefits of a builders group, to get together into one giant builders group.

Also, let’s face it some builders groups are too small to have the combined experience to help, or will discourage simply on principle, anyone who wants to try something new (i.e. auto conversions, adding retracts, etc..). This sport was founded on people that were doing something different and I believe that is where the future of this sport lays as well. I am very encouraged to see so many canard builders trying something different. I think this forum (canard community) will go a long way to helping them do it in a safe and reasonable manner.

If it achieves its objective, the homebuiltaircraft forum will become a general meeting place, and a funnel for type specific questions & discussion.

I believe you're right on this one. Still, I hope that those people that feel they still have some giving left will come on over to share their knowledge. You may not need to come to homebuiltairplanes.com looking for answers, but the experiences you all have acquired in your endeavors could really help others; especially those without the benefit of their own builders groups. Maybe the funnel could work both ways in that respect.

Another objective of Homebuiltairplanes.com will be to give existing builder groups, which do not have the time or technical know-how to take their discussion to the net, a place of their own within homebuiltairplanes.com. I’m not sure if anyone will want such a thing but we will see.

Anyway, thanks for a great forum and for promoting the free exchange of ideas and not discouraging it.

JakeC

All I can say is that I'm flabbergasted by the irony of this statement.

I'm sorry to have gasted you're flabber, Marc. I see this new forum as an initial meeting place for wannabes, and a discussion area for specialty types. It's important that detailed information regarding canard building doesnt get spread between the two forums.

Eventually I hope there will be just one place to go for canard info. My preference would be a forum. Maybe it will make sense to merge this forum with the new one.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net