Aerocad has received mention in the 'forum meta discussion' and 'loyalty' threads. In the interests of trying to keep thread names meaningful, I thought I'd seperate it out.

Wayne Hicks said:

I also think the character assassination of Mr. Russell and AeroCad (ref: Loyalty thread) by those who DON'T know Jeff, have never done business with Jeff, or have never watched the man tirelessly answer question after question in the hot Sun-N-Fun sun free of charge.....well, it's a CRYING SHAME.

Never mind Sun & Fun. I spent a (free) day at Jeff's shop watching him do finishing work and picking his brains. There's a lot to pick. At least 70% of his time was taken up by phone calls with Cozy builders. Most of the calls had nothing to do with Jeff's business and livelyhood - they were how-to questions that the new builders didnt dare ask "anyone else".

Anyone wishing to make fair and valued judgement on Jeff Russel, his workmanship, Aerocad, AeroCanard and all the other scuttlebutt, owe it to Jeff and themselves to take a trip down there and visit with the man. I have no doubt it will be an educational trip.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

I made a post on the other thread that would probably be more appropriate here...

I have heard nothing but positive things about the quality of product and support he gives. I for one just wanted to know how things stand with the Plans-Built Plans he is selling. Nat makes some serious accusations that I haven't seen a response too... I know it is a big can-of-worms and this may not be the best format to discuss it.

This ain't rocket surgery!

>I for one just wanted to know how things stand with the Plans-Built Plans he is selling.

The only way to get a definitive answer to this one is to read (or get a legal opinion on) the agreement between the parties - I believe it's posted on the Aerocad web site.

I can be reached on the "other" forum http://canardaviationforum.dmt.net

I agree with John. You know what they say about free advice from a lawyer, it is worth what you pay for it, but the license agreement I read on the Aerocad website appears to give Jeff the right to sell certain plans of the cozy IV and their derivatives. At any rate, I am glad I am building a LEZ.

Note to John Slade, I also spent the good part of a day in Jeff's hanger and you are right, he does answer the phone a bunch from cozy builders.

Matt