Cozy Mark IV Endorsement Requirements

Loweberry

55 minutes ago, Jon Matcho said:

You don't even need that, which is how companies are able to buy airplanes (and individuals as well).

Not sure what you're getting at here. Certainly, you don't need anything to OWN a COZY MKIV, but that doesn't get you very far in the plane. To fly the plane, you'll at least need a student pilot's certificate and probably a signoff from an instructor (who won't give you one unless he's teaching you in the plane, and I don't know of ANYONE that's done primary instruction in a COZY MKIV because it's not a good idea to do primary instruction in a higher performance aircraft), and to take other folks in it, a PP certificate. I ASSUMED that that's what was being asked, since that's a major use model of the plane.

I thought the question was "do I need either a Complex or High Performance endorsement to fly a COZY MKIV (which you do in Canada, but not in the USA) and the answer to that question is no.

What did YOU think the question was?

34 minutes ago, Marc Zeitlin said:

What did YOU think the question was?

"What endorsements do I need to buy a Cozy?"

I answered that question, but after re-reading the question Lowell asked was likely the one you answered.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV

3 hours ago, Jon Matcho said:

"What endorsements do I need to buy a Cozy?"

I answered that question, but after re-reading the question Lowell asked was likely the one you answered.

Actually, you DIDN'T answer that question. The answer to the question you originally THOUGHT he asked is "your wife's" or "your husband's" or "your significant others' " as the case may be.😀

15 hours ago, Marc Zeitlin said:

The answer to the question you originally THOUGHT he asked is "your wife's" or "your husband's" or "your significant others' " as the case may be.😀

Ha, you definitely need that endorsement! From personal experience, it's not something that should be assumed or implied. 🙂

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV