Looking for guidance and ideas on how to sell N308FP parts only

Fraser

Since purchasing the ac, disassembling the major components and transporting it damage free to store in a garage, this posting is the first step in selling it I have taken.

The criteria I have is that it cant be sold as an all up certified ac. I am abiding by the previous owners wishes and took ownership under these conditions. I did attempt to transfer the registration and maintain the certification but was unable to comply with the FAA requirements. 

My history is NAVAIR maintenance.

I imagine disassembling components, photographing, listing, crating, shipping. Where would the best places to list the parts be? Any other perspectives?

Thanks in advance

Scott Dion

20210802.Vari eze.622.right.JPG

20210805.Vari eze.622.transport.JPG

1 hour ago, Fraser said:

Since purchasing the ac, disassembling the major components and transporting it damage free to store in a garage, this posting is the first step in selling it I have taken.

The criteria I have is that it cant be sold as an all up certified ac. I am abiding by the previous owners wishes and took ownership under these conditions. I did attempt to transfer the registration and maintain the certification but was unable to comply with the FAA requirements. 

My history is NAVAIR maintenance.

I imagine disassembling components, photographing, listing, crating, shipping. Where would the best places to list the parts be? Any other perspectives?

This piques my curiosity.  I'm guessing the last recorded owner of this aircraft recorded by the FAA was Mr. Draguricevich (pic).  The aircraft does not show up in the FAA Registry now but I got this info from Flightaware.  Mr. Draguricevich seems to be alive because he has an Aerocommander registered in his name (N4133X) and his address is in the Registry.  The FAA will likely not register this airplane to anyone without a Bill of Sale AC 8050-2 ( https://www.faa.gov/forms/index.cfm/go/document.information/documentid/186163  )  signed by the last recorded owner.  Why not ask Draguricevich if he will give you a Bill of Sale for this airplane, re-register it in your name  and fly it or sell it?  Offer him some cash to do that.

There would be no liability for him because he is not the builder.  I can't see why he wouldn't do that for a little cash but maybe there is more to this than I see.  The FAA does not seem to care who owned the airplane after Draguricevich.  All they care about is that their paperwork reflects a Bill of Sale from the last registered owner to you.

Otherwise, you could list your parts in the Experimental section of www.Barnstormers.com , or offer the parts/aircraft at this FB site which gets a lot of views   https://www.facebook.com/groups/25741482604/   Someone will buy the whole airplane, I expect

Screen Shot 2022-10-27 at 3.03.27 PM.png

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold