Fresh commercial pilot interested in the canard community

Good evening and merry christmas y'all.

My name is Joe and I'm a fresh commercial pilot who's hopefully going to be out of university soon. I've always loved the aesthetics and functionality of canard aircraft, and it's been a joy to stumble across this forum to see how interesting and invested this community actually is. I'm fortunate enough to be graduating this spring without any debt to speak of, and as a result would like to own my own canard aircraft come summer. While I haven't set anything in stone yet, I've been looking for the past half a year at different aircraft and blueprinting what I think I can afford, and for what I want to do and personally like a Varieze or Dragonfly mk2(3) would be a dream aircraft at this stage. I've got family all over the PNW, and being able to see them all and enjoy the area would be an absolute treat. Hopefully if my ideas come to fruition I'll be able to learn some valuable home building wisdom along the way, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

Once again it's great to be here, and if anyone in the PNW is selling a mostly complete project or finished aircraft this summer I would very much be interested :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/24/2021 at 7:03 PM, Joebejammin said:

I'm fortunate enough to be graduating this spring without any debt to speak of, and as a result would like to own my own canard aircraft come summer.

Congratulations, and a belated welcome to the forum.

Projects and used planes are out there, as you may have already seen on Kent's "Sales I've Seen" thread here. 

Ask questions, share pictures, and keep an open mind. Some prefer Long-EZs over VariEzes, and since you've got a Dragonfly on your list, put Quickies on your list as well. Check out our sister site at www.quickheads.com for Quickie info.

Jon Matcho :busy:
Builder & Canard Zone Admin
Now:  Rebuilding Quickie Tri-Q200 N479E
Next:  Resume building a Cozy Mark IV