Sump Drains

Ron Landon

I'm about to flip my LongEZ build to mount sumps and glass the strake bottoms.  I've got 2 extra SAF-AIR flush type fuel drain valves.  Since I have them, would adding the fuel drain valves to my sumps be an addition worth having or an unjustifiable waste of build time.

I have never encountered a need to drain my sumps.   Maybe a fitting with a cap would be a better alternative but really, it's not needed IMO.  I almost never find any water in the fuel but it could be drained by the leading edge drain or caught by the gascolator. 

OT: Do you plan to install the two vent lines per tank?  Those are not in the plans but history has shown they are needed.

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

Hi Kent, 

Thanks for the reply and for confirming what I suspected.  I guess if there was a defensible reason for drains in the sumps there would have been activism promoting it long ago.  And yes, I have 2 vent lines per tank, one each from forward and aft tank limits and plan to run them through a common manifold above and behind the passenger seat Berkut style before exiting below.