Long EZ in Atlanta I can sit in?

breister

Hi gang,

Finally got to sit in a couple of Cozy IIIs - one a "normal build" and the other a Cozy Girlz strakes mod.  I always thought of myself as thin build, but those were a lot cozier than I expected in the hips and shoulders!

Since they are only trying to hold a single pilot in width, are the Long EZ's any roomier or are they just as tight for hip and shoulder as the Cozy IIIs?  As I'm getting older, I'm finding I have less tolerance and flexibility for being totally shoehorned into a little box.  Just for fun I tried out sitting in a KR2 today - made the Cozy seem roomy, and I almost couldn't get out of it.

Does anyone have a Long EZ in the Atlanta area I could try sitting in?  I'm really just looking for a "keep my currency and go to the beach" toy for the next few years; if the Long EZ doesn't make me claustrophobic that may be the direction I go.

Blues skies!

are the Long EZ's any roomier or are they just as tight for hip and shoulder as the Cozy IIIs?

The EZs feel roomier than a C-III because you don't overlap arms with your pax.  OTOH, some EZs are built with a small canopy which I find a little confining, compared to the wider canopys in a C-III and C-IV.  Try them with no cushion or a thin cushion. Thick cushions and backrests take up a lot of space.  These are pretty comfy with just 1" Comforfoam.

On this one (pic), I scalloped out the inside wall where the arms rest.  That gave almost an inch extra width.  Armrests can be built or modified so they don't go all the way down which adds a lot of hip room.  This is otherwise a to-plans EZ.  I am 5-10 1/2 and 225.  It's comfortable for me.

post-126542-0-86228700-1466346054_thumb.jpg

Edited by Kent Ashton

-Kent
Cozy IV N13AM-750 hrs, Long-EZ-85 hrs and sold

The EZs feel roomier than a C-III because you don't overlap arms with your pax.  OTOH, some EZs are built with a small canopy which I find a little confining, compared to the wider canopys in a C-III and C-IV.  Try them with no cushion or a thin cushion. Thick cushions and backrests take up a lot of space.  These are pretty comfy with just 1" Comforfoam.

On this one (pic), I scalloped out the inside wall where the arms rest.  That gave almost an inch extra width.  Armrests can be built or modified so they don't go all the way down which adds a lot of hip room.  This is otherwise a to-plans EZ.  I am 5-10 1/2 and 225.  It's comfortable for me.

Thanks Kent!

If I buy I can't count on someone clever like you creating the cutouts.  I guess I need to go study the specs to see if there is actually more width, and go sit in one. 

I don't suppose you are in the Atlanta area?