Alternative to Zolatone?

I am looking for an alternative to Zolatone for the interior. I do not have access to a compressor, so I want to use spray cans. There are several similar products, but this one seems to be the only indoor/outdoor one. Does anyone have any experience with this product? I am trying to match this color scheme.

post-115-141090169132_thumb.jpg

post-115-141090169108_thumb.jpg

"We choose to do these things not because they are easy, but because they are hard."

JFK

Rich,

I've used the spray can stuff and although it looks like Zolotone, it scratches and chips very easily. (Zolotone is as hard as epoxy) Use it on low traffic areas only. On the plus side, a quick squirt does a fast touch-up.

I am looking for an alternative to Zolatone for the interior. I do not have access to a compressor, so I want to use spray cans. There are several similar products, but this one seems to be the only indoor/outdoor one. Does anyone have any experience with this product? I am trying to match this color scheme.

[ATTACH]2719[/ATTACH] [ATTACH]2720[/ATTACH]

The splatter paint is water based and very easy to scuff/scratch/wipe off with solvent. You can clear coat it with the spray can clear, but that is also kinda weak. I've had good results with the splatter paint spray can and a polyurathane clear coat for fuel and scuff resistance. I've used that cheap can stuff from Wal-mart with an auto professional urathane clear coat but it's been so long I can't remember the brand. (Can splatter) Unfortunately for your purposes I don't have any feedback with canned spray clears. Solvent based paints usually don't do well. You might be able to find a spray system that will spray auto urathane paint without compressors. There are several over the counter cheap systems and I've tried them over the years. I've always ended up biting the bullet and going out to buy better equipment to get pro results.

I have had problems with the splater sprays. I think I did use Valspar and I tried a glear coat over the top. It lasted a couple of months.

You might try and get friendly with people in the local EAA chapter that do have spray equipment. It might be easy to work out an arrangement with your fellow club members. (Even the RV guys will work with plastic rats when you demonstrate what a really good person you are. :thumbsup: )

Carl