New SQ

vonjet

As long as the inspection goes well I'm picking up an SQ2000 kit this weekend. Full kit with the KLS retracts not the Infinity. I still plan to install a rear seat bench but really its going to be a 2 place with large baggage area. I will try and start a progress thread on this build. One of the best looking canards out there in my opinion.

• 2 weeks later...

As long as the inspection goes well I'm picking up an SQ2000 kit this weekend. Full kit with the KLS retracts not the Infinity. I still plan to install a rear seat bench but really its going to be a 2 place with large baggage area. I will try and start a progress thread on this build. One of the best looking canards out there in my opinion.

So why are you selling it already?

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

• 2 weeks later...

Not really sure. I'm not that set on selling it. At the time when I made the deal to purchase I was set on building again. I didn't want to back out on the sale so I figured I'd just buy it and figure out what to do with it later..Just figured if I got a good offer I would let it go and get out of the Airplane building hobby.

Whats the specs on one of these..size of engine...fuel capacity...real cruise, not a salesman's promise?

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

These numbers are from Paul Lee's SQ RG. He has about 200 hours on it.

The kit I have is set up for an IO-360 and not Franklin like Pauls. I was planning on using a 2 blade Hertzler.

Empty weight: 1410 lbs (1394 lbs w/o 9qt oil)

Engine: rebuilt 6A-350-C2 Franklin 6 block, approximately 200 HP.

Prop: 66" 3 blade, IVO magnum in-flight adjustable

Fuel Capacity: 35 gal. (incl 2.25 gal sump tank)

Landing gear: 3 retractable

The following are at 1850lbs & 117 CG (values change with weight and/or CG position)

- Climb: 2000ft/min (105kts, 2000 dens alt).

- Ceiling: 18K+ feet. (still doing 200+ft/min)

- Best glide ratio: approx 19:1 (105kts, 3000 dens alt)

- Fuel efficiency: best about 5 gal/hr near 120 kts.

- Canard stall: 66kts.

- Takeoff distance: approx 1500ft, rotate at 80kts (IVO electric adjustable prop.)

- Landing rollout distance: approx 2000ft (about best I can do and prefer 4000ft + runways)

- Speed:180kias, 3000 dens alt., 2800 rpm.