Gross Weight 0320 LongEZ

michaelj

So what have those who have been there using for a gross weight on the 320 LongEZ? Using the empty weight+full fuel+ pilot+ passenger puts me close to 2000. That makes the loading 13.3 pounds per horsepower.

So what have those who have been there using for a gross weight on the 320 LongEZ? Using the empty weight+full fuel+ pilot+ passenger puts me close to 2000. That makes the loading 13.3 pounds per horsepower.

Since the original MGW of the LE was 1350 lb (or thereabouts), you realize that you'd be flying at 48% over the design MGW. Since the LE's V-N diagram shows a limit of 5 G's, you'd be turning the LE into a 3.4 G airplane - not even a Normal Category level of capability.

What do you think the designer would tell you about flying at that weight in a plane designed for 33% less?

IIRC, the LE POH states that you can fly at 1425 lb (takeoff only) if the conditions are perfect (weather, DA, runway, etc.). I know that there are many folks that fly at 1600 lb. or thereabouts on occasion, and usually get away with it - it seems folly to me to contemplate flying at 2K lb.

What is the empty weight of your plane? a 1000 lb. LE, with 320 lb. of fuel and 400 lb. of people still is only 1720 lb. - where's the extra 280 lb. coming from?

• 3 months later...