Long-EZ purchase

ultrarunner

I am considering the purchase of an O-320 powered Long-EZ that was completed in the early 90's. I have not inspected the airplane, but have seen some pictures, know the history of the builder, and such.

As the airplane has not flown in over a year, I am wondering whom I might contact that is familiar with this airframe for the purpose of doing a pre-purchase inspection?

I concede that the engine will need borescoped as it's not turned in over a year, and was not pickled. The airplane has been in a hangar.

I would also like to know what specifics to look for in the construction logs in order to help determine a marketable price for this aircraft.

Thanks,

Ultra

You may ask David Orr (a.k.a. Beagle) he is very knowledgable about the LongEzs. He does charge a small fee but it's very reasonnable.

He will point you in the right direction an he could even tell you about EZs for sale that are not "publicly advertise" sort of speak if the one you are looking at turn out to be "not to your liking".

I have ask Mr Orr to look around for me and he gave me very good advice. I'm just waiting a bit for the CAD $ to overtake the US $... should be sometime this summer.... :rolleyes:

Hope this help.

Here is a link to is web site:

http://www.canardfinder.com/

Beagle ROCKS!!

Definitely ask him and he will sniff you out the BEST canard available for your needs/bucks. He has the inside scoop on many unpublished deals.

Self confessed Wingnut.

Now think about it...wouldn't you rather LIVE your life, rather than watch someone else's, on Reality T.V.?

Get up off that couch!!! =)

Progress; Fuselage on all three, with outside and inside nearly complete. 8 inch extended nose. FHC done. Canard finished. ERacer wings done with blended winglets. IO540 starting rebuild. Mounting Spar. Starting strake ribs.

I hear N14DL (builder Dave Lind) is for sale, and another, N977JT (builder Terry Lamp). Both are exceptional aeroplanes. You won't get better than 14DL - I have seen it personally. I hear Terry's aeroplane is right there too.

Cheers,

Wayne Blackler

IO-360 Long EZ

VH-WEZ (N360WZ)

Melbourne, AUSTRALIA

http://v2.ez.org/feature/F0411-1/F0411-1.htm