Plans - HP Rudders, Roncz

wzenheimer

Hey all,

Few questions for you all since I am still a little new to this. As some may have read in my other post I obtained a partially finished long-ez. It came with 2 complete set of original plans. 1 set was used to obtain a serial # which is now transferred to me, the other set is completely untouched. The problem I have is I would like to build the HP rudders which I do not have in either set. I would also like to build the Roncz canard. I know I can get the canard/winglet cores from EurekaCNC but I wouldn't have any of the other information to build the HP Rudders or Roncz. Unless the canard is constructed exactly like the GU with a different shape. Anyway, those of you with a TERF CD, is all of that information included on it and is it really worth the $300? Or is there anyone out there who can provide me with some educational support for constructing a SAFE airplane?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Christopher Wise

Lake Saint Louis, MO

Chris, we're sort of just down the road from you but Steve Morse who works at Boeing, he's an ME, EAA chapter VP, he has one flying LE and is building another one so would be a better local resource for LE information.

Regards, Chrissi & Randi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo

Chris, we're sort of just down the road from you but Steve Morse who works at Boeing, he's an ME, EAA chapter VP, he has one flying LE and is building another one so would be a better local resource for LE information.

Regards, Chrissi & Randi

Thanks for the info I am going to assume EAA chapter 32?

Chris

Christopher Wise

Lake Saint Louis, MO

Hi Chris,

If you have a complete set of plans, you won't need the TerdCD. That's for us folks that do not have a set of LongEZ plans (new or used) that came from the factory. You probably have the full size templates as well. If not, you can download them here on this site in the OpenEZ thread.

Jon was working awhile back on the templates for the Roncz, but, I don't think he ever made it. The plans are on the TerfCD but not the templates.

Here's a link for more info on the Roncz canard...I'm sure someone can come up with a set of templates and plans for you, $300 just for that is a lot of money.

http://www.canardzone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3450&highlight=roncz+plans

Bruce

Best regards,

Bruce Sturgill

http://www.pursuitofflight.com

Thanks Bruce I just found that right after I posted this. I would still need the verbage on layup schedule for th Roncz unless its just like the GU :confused: ?

The HP Rudders are a whole other story I can't seem to find them anywhere on here and $300 for them is quite a bit as well.

Chris

Christopher Wise

Lake Saint Louis, MO

Thanks Bruce I just found that right after I posted this. I would still need the verbage on layup schedule for th Roncz unless its just like the GU :confused: ?

The HP Rudders are a whole other story I can't seem to find them anywhere on here and $300 for them is quite a bit as well.

Chris

Remember that there are other differeneces between the GU and Roncz canard besides just the airfoil. The meathod of attaching the elevators and tourque tubes are quite different. I can think of one builder who nearly completed his canard before this fact was pointed out. You will need the full Roncz plans to complete the construction.

Also the TERF CSs are less expensive if you purchase from ebay...http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Rutan-Aircraft-Factory-Encyclopedia-Long-EZ-Airplane_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ50453QQihZ013QQitemZ230343988420QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Yes, the GU canard plans have you attach the hinge points after building the elevators, the Roncz elevato hinge points are embeded into the tubes the elevators are built around, this is a first step thing that cannot be retrofit.

...Chrissi

CG Products

www.CozyGirrrl.com

Cozy Mk-IV RG 13B Turbo