Efis

wildbird

I have installed a Grand rapids Sport with two screens one for me and one for the GIB. It was a challenge to get the canopy stay to work but I like the way it came out. Any way my question is, I know some of you out there have Grand Rapids EFIS in your EZ and I want to know some locations you may have selected to place the magnetometer. I think I may put it behind the GIB's head or in the hell hole. If any one is interestd in my restoration project you can see some pictures at www.wildbird.zenfolio.com

I have an EFIS from MGL and put the magnetometer in the spare, did not work, the engine is to close, I ended up installing it under the frontseat, works good, you only have to compensate with the gear up.

Wolf.

Cosy Classic flying (ex LX-ACE)

Varieze N39JC rebuilding

Confused??? Isn't that most of the time when flying???:rolleyes:

yep but but pushing it around the compas rose on the ground (gear down) to compare the real headings with your compass and then fly with the gear up and some steel closer to the magnetic sensor will get you different readings, still confused?

Cosy Classic flying (ex LX-ACE)

Varieze N39JC rebuilding

yep but but pushing it around the compas rose on the ground (gear down) to compare the real headings with your compass and then fly with the gear up and some steel closer to the magnetic sensor will get you different readings, still confused?

I guess that my thought would be to adjust it on the ground (out of true), so that when flying it would be true.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an EFIS from MGL and put the magnetometer in the spare, did not work, the engine is to close, I ended up installing it under the frontseat, works good, you only have to compensate with the gear up.

Wolf.

Hi Wolf, I am considering the MGL EFIS (Voyager) for my Cozy and would be interested in how you like it. MGL doesn't have any local distributors up here in Washington State and I would either have to go down to California to their business or to the Oshkosh Fly-in. If you could go back in time, would you purchase it again or would you look for something else?

Thanks, John Wells (Scandiaman) - johnw@c-promptcomputers.com