Left-over blue foam

jpolenek

I'm trying to 5S my shop to make a little more space. Should I keep some of the left-over blocks of polystyrene foam from the wings/canard or just haul them all to the dump? Some of the pieces are too irregular to be useful, but there are plenty of small to medium-size blocks that look too nice to just throw out. (The words of a pack rat.:o )

I started the Cozy project on chapters 10/19/20 first, so the rest of the plane has yet to be done. Are there places throughout the project where this extra foam would come in handy?

Joe Polenek

Joe

Cozy Mk IV #1550

I'm trying to 5S my shop to make a little more space. Should I keep some of the left-over blocks of polystyrene foam from the wings/canard or just haul them all to the dump? Some of the pieces are too irregular to be useful, but there are plenty of small to medium-size blocks that look too nice to just throw out. (The words of a pack rat.:o )

I started the Cozy project on chapters 10/19/20 first, so the rest of the plane has yet to be done. Are there places throughout the project where this extra foam would come in handy?

Joe Polenek

yes there are

Evolultion Eze RG -a two place side by side-200 Knots on 200 HP. A&P / pilot for over 30 years

I just hauled a 4' x 9' trailer load of that stuff to the trash last night myself. Got to get the garage cleaned up now that the house is on the market. If anyone needs small pieces of this stuff in the future, I'll be happy to give away the stuff in my scrap pile (I still have scrap pile, it is just much smaller now:cool: ).

EUREKA CNC

Eureka%20small.gif

Extreme Precision CNC Hotwire Cutting

Perfection To The Core!