varieze questions

Billledger

I am having a overheating issue .. I am thinking it may have to do with airflow but would like some input.

I have the 0 -200 engine and would like to know what temperature I should expect to see when flying for:

oil?

egt?

cht?

has anyone else had this problem? and if so some input or schematic of what the air should be doing would be helpful.

Thanks

Bill

bill@labuynow.com

you should look in the engine manuals for that info.:)

I live in my own little world! but its OK, they know me here!

Chris Van Hoof, Johannesburg, South Africa operate from FASY (Baragwanath)

Cozy Mk IV, ZU-CZZ, IO-360 (200hp) 70x80 prop

Bill,

I am sure if you had the manual you would have already looked.

That being said, I have attached the Operating Limits page from the 0-200 manual.

There are a lot of guys on this blog that can help you diagnosis your problem, if you have one.

You haven't posted what your current temperatures are? They may very well be within limits.

Assuming that they are out of limit, (high or low) for an attempt at a proper diagnosis, you are going to need to post additional information on your configuration, the maintenance history, fuel, Oil grade, P-51 or NACA.

Operating conditions, Altitude, Air Temperature, air density, operating weights, type prop, static RPM, cruise RPM.

Post that information, and I am confident the Guru's on this blog will collectively be able t point you in the right direction to get you back within limits.

Rule of Thumb:

If you were initially within limits, back-track to the last thing that changed mechanically, or operational wise.

If you're like me working on a new install, it's obviously a little more difficult.

Good luck with your project, I hope the attachment was helpful.

Ghost

post-4979-141090164963_thumb.jpg

I have an 0-200 also all my temps are within normal range. CHT temps are regulated by air flow across the cyl. heads. I had a cyl head problem on first flt. I found the baffling around the back and bottom of engine was letting most of the air flow out and not thru the cyl. EGT is regulated by fuel air mix also octane rating of fuel I run 100 ll it helps keep the egt a little cooler than regular car gas.as for as oil temp. I run with amsoil synthetic racing and my oil temp is ok on a 120 degree day here in lake havasu. I do have a problem in colder air temps with the oil it takes a while to get the oil up to op temps. Hope this helps the Rebel

Rebel Wallace